-
My eyelids were getting heavier as I listened to the sound of Damon's steady breathing.

"Will you be here in the morning?" I asked, allowing my eyelids to give way and shut.

"If you want me to be,"

I didn't say a word but I knew Damon caught the hint.

"I'll stay forever,"

-
"We don't have to run," I joked, making Damon stop all together.

"You're right, we have time,"

He pulled me closer by the hand he was already holding and our lips crashed together.
-

"I'm glad you're okay," Damon said, letting go of me.

"Is Damon Salvatore showing emotion?" I asked in fake shock, dramatically putting my hand over my heart. Damon scoffed, "What's that?"

"Don't know,"

He leaned in and soon enough, he was on top of me with my legs around his waist and my fingers tugging at his hair as our lips moved together hungrily.

"I didn't think I'd get to do this again," I admitted, feeling Damon smirk against my lips before he pulled my shirt over my head. The adrenaline of knowing that Stefan and Elena were upstairs and could come down at any second was enough to make my heart race like I ran a couple miles.

"You would," Damon said, his lips falling into my neck. "Just not, you know, all human,"

I giggled, Damon's lips trailing down my stomach. "You're forgetting that we don't have all the time in the world," I said, Damon's icy blue eyes looking up from just above my belly button.

"You're right,"

In vamp speed, he was undressed and already starting to unbutton my jeans. I saw the look on his face. The look where his fangs appear and the veins under his eyes bulge and his eyes get bloodshot.

"Damon," I breathed, my hand cupping his face. He looked into my eyes, waiting for me to speak. "Damon, I love you."

-

"Then I guess you can say your goodbyes,"

"Damon, don't,"

"Don't just sit here, go help," Damon smiled weakly, tugging at my heart strings.

"I love you," I say, the words sounding like a promise as I head out of the cellar. He mouthed the words back.

-

"Tatiana,"

"Damon." I said, without turning around. I brought the glass to my lips and sipped it before I turned around to face him. He started to walk over to me, taking my vervain bracelet from my wrist.

"Forget that you loved me."

"Damon -"

"Forget all of the times we had together. We are friends, we've been friends. And nothing else."

---

I gasped for air, sitting up and instantly clutching my stomach to see if the wound was still there.

It was gone.

I looked at my surroundings, noticing that I was in the boarding house.

"Do you know what's happening?" Stefan asked.

"Where's Damon?"

"Right here,"

I try to walk to him but I feel dizzy, a strong feeling of hunger overcoming me.

"I remember, Damon,"

Stefan gave him a confused look.

"You made me forget that I loved you,"

"Tatia -"

I grabbed a lamp, the force of my grip shattering it.

"W-what's happening?"

"You're in transition."

"I'm a... I'm a vampire?"

"We have Bonnie making you a daylight ring," Stefan says, as if it'll fix the fact that I'm no longer human.

"I can't drink someone's blood," I breathed, tangling my fingers into my own hair.

"We have blood bags downstairs so you don't have to," Damon says. "I'll go get you one,"

At an instant, my hands are around his neck and he's against a wall, a look of shock across his face.

"I'll get it myself."

I walk down the stairs to the cellar, opening the cooler that I knew had blood bags. Before, this was disgusting to me. But now? Now it's like having a chocolate cake.

"What did you see in your flashbacks?"

Stefan was behind me now.

"Elena kissed Damon, I was sad, he compelled me to forget. That's what I saw."

"Wait wait wait, what? Elena kissed Damon?"

"Oh my god," I breathed, realizing what I just said. "I shouldn't have said that,"

Guilt came over me like a fucking tsunami. I fell to the ground and Stefan being Stefan pulled me into his arms.

"Please don't hate your brother, I didn't mean to say it,"

"It's okay," Stefan shushed me. "It's a good thing that I know,"

"It isn't okay," I sniffled, my vision hazing over from my tears.

"Your emotions are heightened," Stefan said, helping me stand up again. He handed me a blood bag and I knew how hard it must've been for him, ripper binge and all.

"Thank you,"

I brought it to my lips nervously, afraid I would be repulsed by the taste. Instead, it was the most heavenly thing I have ever tasted. I downed the entire bag in seconds, breathing in deeply once it was gone.

"Now you're officially a vampire."

---

I now had my daylight ring, and Stefan was showing me how to get on what Damon called a "Stefan diet". Stefan practically almost always eats animal blood, not human blood. He feels less guilt that way, and figures I will too.

"Just go for it,"

I nodded. "Alright, I can do this,"

With vamp speed I was beside the deer, sinking my teeth into its neck and drinking the blood. It tasted very different, but if it was a change that wouldn't throw me into ripper world, I would make the sacrifice.

"Was that so bad?"

I laughed at Stefan's obvious sarcasm.

"Yeah, yeah I know, it's not as good but you get used to it,"

"How?" I ask, looking at the innocent deer I had just slaughtered.

"Uhh.. practice?"

Stefan and I both laughed as we headed out of the woods.

---

a/n: kind of short but oh.my.god!!!!!

tatiana is a vampire