The Wedding Proposal (Chapter 20)

Start from the beginning

Martin then puts the ring on Angel and as he stands up, Angel kisses Martin and immediately hugs him. But as Martin was being hugged by Angel, Martin was saying to himself, “This is the right decision Martin. You have waited for Angel for so long and she have waited for so long too. This is the right thing to do. You promised this to her right? You’re just keeping your promise. So you must be happy. Angel is the right girl for you.”

After a few minutes, they went down to where the sales agent was.

 “We’re getting it.” Martin said to the sales agent.

“You made a right decision. I’ll just go to your office tomorrow to give you the papers to sign and you can move here right away.” The sales agent said.

“Thank you. We’ll go ahead.” Martin said.

“Since you have the day of can we go to the mall to buy some furniture for the house?” Angel said as she and Martin were going back to the car.

“Of course.” Martin said.

“I’m so excited!”

*****************************************************************************************

“Gail, I just finished my meeting with the client. I’ll just eat dinner and I’ll be back there in the office as soon as I finish. Just leave all the papers that need signing on my table since I’ll be fixing my things later for I’ll be moving tomorrow.” Venus says over the phone as she was walking towards the restaurant.

“Yes Ms. Venus. But Ms. Venus, I will miss you. It wouldn’t be the same without you here.” Gail said.

“Gail, are you crying?” Venus said.

“I’m sorry Ms. Venus. If you want to I’ll also move to your company so that I could be your assistant. How will your new assistant know how you like your coffee?”

“Gail, don’t cry. It’s okay. I know you love your job but it’s better that you stay there. Don’t do that. The company needs you more. Okay Gail? I will miss you too and thank you very much for everything. Good bye Gail.”

Venus then puts down her phone.

“Ms. Venus, table for one?” The waiter said as Venus gets inside the restaurant.

“Yes. Thank you.” Venus said.

“Follow me Ma’am.”

As Venus was following the waiter, someone called her. Turns out it was Angel who was with Martin. So Venus approached Angel and Martin.

“You’re just alone?” Angel said.

“Yeah. I just came from a meeting.” Venus said.

“Well then, join us.” Angel said.

“It’s okay. I don't want to bother you two..” Venus said.

“No. It’s okay. Sit down.” Angel said. “Waiter! Can you get a plate and some utensils? She’ll be sitting with us.”

Venus had no choice but to eat with Angel and Venus.

*****************************************************************************************

“Venus, I would just like to say thank you for taking care of my fiancé.” Angel said as they were eating dinner.

“Fiancé?”  Venus said.

“Oh I’m sorry. I wasn’t able to tell you. When we’re looking for a house, Martin proposed to me.” Angel said as she shows the ring to Venus.

“Oh. Congratulations. I am happy for you two. And I believe you found a house already?”

“Yes. We even bough some furniture earlier.”

“That’s very nice to hear.”

Martin just kept quiet closely looking at Venus to see how she reacts.

“Are you okay Martin? You seem very quiet.” Angel said.

“Don’t mind me. By the way, I’m leaving the day after tomorrow since we’re moving to our house already.”

“Sure. Just tell Henry about that to help you fix your things.”

“By the way Venus, I’ll just contact you about the wedding since you’re the reason why Martin got out of jail and that he and I were together at last.”

“It’s nothing. It’s not like Martin didn’t do something for me too. Sorry but I’ll go ahead. I still need to go back to my office to do some things before I take over my father’s company tomorrow.”

“But it’s already late.” Martin said.

“I’ll go ahead. Congratulations to you again.”

Venus then smiles at Angel and Martin.

Meanwhile..

“Are you sure about that?” Mr. Tan said to the one on the other line of the phone.

“Yes Sir.” The one on the other line said.

“So Franc and Martin are the same person? That is why he looked familiar. I underestimated Martin and Venus. But if they want to play this game, then I will gladly play with them.  You know what to do Victor.”

“Yes Sir.”