프롤로그 | Prologue

Sohn Seong Ja gets off the bus, and heads inside the school with a smile. For once, she is having a good first day back at school. She woke up early, - which is on time for her - was able to get her chocolate latte, catch the bus and get to school without fucking up her outfit.

But as soon as she walked through the door of the school, her luck turned to shit.
"Ah fuck!" Seongja yelled at the person who bumped into her, dropping her latte on the ground. She stares at the culprit with fire in her eyes. "Do you want to die?!" She signs, scolding the taller. He looks at her confused before she repeats herself in words.

"Nah, I'm good. If you'll excuse me, I have a class to get to." He begins to walk away but Seongja trips him.
"Apologize. Now." She says while signing to the boy on the ground. He gets up, dusting his pants off.
"No." He says flatly, looking into Seongja's eyes with no ounce of sympathy.

Seongja's vision becomes red and blurred. She felt her fist make contact with a face. Once her anger dissipates, she looks at her surroundings. Finding the tall boy lying on the ground with blood on the corner of his lip.

He pats it with a surprised look; surprised that she could punch hard. Once Seongja lets the events sink in completely and looks around, she bolts to her class; which is luckily across the school.

~
Seongja's has been the talk of the school after the events this morning. She kept her chocolate latte-scented hoodie on, covering her face. She was too embarrassed by her outburst to show her face.

Seongja walks to where Minjae and Huijun where already eating at for lunch. The three of them have been friends since they were in primary school. The two boys may be a year older than her, but they all consider each other the same - regardless of age and gender.

She loudly takes her seat, in between the two boys, in frustration.
"Are you okay?" Huijun stops their conversation, noticing her actions.
"No. I am not." She signs before putting her satchel down next to her, huffing out of frustration. "Some kid bumped into me causing me to drop my chocolate latte on me. I was having such a good day but nope. My luck is just dirt shit. No matter how good it start as." She signs while huffing.

Seongja crosses her arms on the table and rests her head on them, wishing the day would end soon. Huijun and Minjae both pat her shoulders, reassuringly.
"Hey, we're almost done with school. Do you want to hang out after school?" The small girl gleefully nods at Minjae.

~
Seongja stretches her arms above her head at her desk, tired from the long day. She leaves the classroom to see Minjae, Huijun, and Seungmin's figures from down the hall. She only knows Seungmin because of her brother, Seongjun.
"Ja-ssi, what did your brother say?" The shorter gave two thumbs up to Seongmin's question. "Let's go." She nodded and the four left the school, getting into Seongja's car.

At the Sohn sibling's dorm, the five of them cooked some food; mostly Seongjun and Seongja.
"I invited Winnie. You guys good with that?" Seongja looks at her older brother with a curious look.
"Who?" She puts down the knife to sign so she won't cut herself again.
"Win or Bang Junhyuk, he's in the same class as you. But you're older than him by two months. You might have him in a few of your periods." Seongjun signs causing Seongja to nod and continue chopping.

Their door rings and Seungmin gets it.
"Jun, you go greet Win. I'll finish up in here, okay?" Seongjun nods and heads to the living room. Seongja starts taking the food to the living room and placing it on the coffee table.

Everyone chooses a spot and sets up.
"Ja-ssi, Winnie is upstairs putting his stuff in my room. He's staying with us for the next few months." Seongjun says as he sets up Seongja's place.
"Why?" The younger signs.
"His parents are going out of the country for the time being. Business travels." Seongjun signs back causing Seongja to nod and continue to get the rest of the food from the kitchen.

Seongja places the last dish when she walks into to living to see the boy who bumped into her that morning.
"Bastard! He was the one that bumped into me and didn't apologize." I yell, pointing at the silver-haired boy.
"I guess you two already met. Seongja, this is Win or Junhyuk. Winnie, this is my little sister, Seongja." Seongjun signs while speaking and calms his sister down, leading her to her seat next to him. "Calm down. He's sleeping in my room, okay? Please just put up with him for a bit. Can I trust you with that?" Seongjun signed the latter part for Seongja. She begrudgingly nods.
"Yeah. You should be happy you're my brother or you've been dead." Seongja signs before stuffing her face with food in frustration.

The next few months are going to be hard, Seongja thinks.