Green Light, Red Light (S.R)

Based on Criminal Minds Season 12 Episode 21/22 "Green Light" and "Red Light" 

~~~~~

By now, Maggie was used to seeing Cassie in the mornings, but today she wasn't there. There was another girl, but she looked too young to be a nurse.

"Where's Cassie?" Maggie asked. Her gut told her something was wrong and Spencer always said to trust her gut.

"Cassie isn't here today," the nurse said, "I'm Carol," she stuck her hand out for the girl to shake but she declined.

"I'm sorry about her. She's so much like her father," Diana said, resting her hand on Maggie's shoulder.

Carol bent down in front of the girl, "Speaking of your dad, I'm taking you two to visit him today. Would you like that?" she was talking to her like a child. She was technically a child, being only twelve, but Maggie was a lot smarter than kids her age.

Maggie shook her head, "No. JJ or Emily always take me."

"Don't be silly Margret," Diana said, "Let's go see Spencer."

She had no choice but to comply. Maybe this could be her way to warn her dad about what was happening. On the bus ride to the prison she had to sit in between Carol and her grandmother.

"Come on Maggie, smile a little. We're seeing your dad today," Carol was trying to get the child to trust her, but she was too smart.

"I don't care and don't call me that," Maggie moved seats away from her, "I don't like you," she said under her breath. The lady Maggie was now sitting next to her, heard what she said and laughed a little.

Maggie noticed as they were walking down the hallways to the visiting room, Carol acting strange. She would walk on different sides of the hallways and look down at certain times. Maggie knew there was something up.

She got to visit Spencer first, being his daughter. She was sitting in a chair and her dad was pushed inside. He didn't look like himself, he looked like he hadn't slept in days, "Dad!" she reached out to hug him but he stopped her.

"We can't touch," he nodded over to the guard watching, "I'm sorry," he sat down on the chair across from his daughter, "What's wrong? You look upset?"

"I mean my dad is in prison so, sorry if I'm upset about that."

"Besides that. Tell me if I can do anything."

She sighed, "I don't know. Something just feels off about the nurse."

Spencer raised his eyebrows, "I thought you liked her?"

"I've never met her before dad."

Spencer leaned forward towards Maggie. He had done some reading about kids acting up when something happened with their parents but this was something else, "Stop messing around Margret," he said seriously, "If something's going on, tell me."

"I just did! I don't know any Carols," she didn't understand why he was getting mad at her. He only used her full when she was in trouble.

"Who's Carol?" Spencer asked.

"Cassie's replacement? Carol said you hired her?" She knew for sure there was something wrong now, based on the look on her dad's face.

"Maggie, I didn't hire anyone besides Cassie." Spencer was now confused himself. What was his daughter talking about?

"But-" Maggie was interrupted by the door opening and Carol walked in.

"Come on Maggie, we have to go now," she said, reaching her hand out for the girl.