002

"fuck my life."

SEATTLE WASHINGTON
march 22nd, 1989

-

"Shit." I quietly cursed to myself as I hit my shin on the table right in the middle of the hotel room. I was trying my best to be quiet as I gathered my clothes up trying my best to get out of there. I didn't remember anything about last night. All I remember was getting a couple drinks with that Dave boy, and then I wake up in bed with him. Typical.

I slowly laced my shoes up reaching for my car keys to the right of me, which made a loud noise of course. I flinched before checking to make sure Dave was still sleeping, which he was. Peacefully, and adorably. I quietly walked to the bathroom to touch up my face a little. Seeing my dark eye bags, and roughed up hair in the mirror really made me angry. I hated looking like dead. Pale, and tired looking.

"Dammit." I muttered to myself before opening the door again and leaving. I reached for the door handle but before I knew it, I was no longer the only one up.

"Where're you goin?" Said the voice from behind me. In the heat of my panic a very loud scream escaped my mouth which was quickly stopped by Dave's hand over my mouth.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. You scared me is all." I said wiping the sweat of my forehead. Dave chuckled before clearing his throat. I obviously didn't know what to say. I was already embarrassed enough for screaming bloody murder. I'm sure the whole hotel heard it.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go." I said reaching for the door knob. My headache was just starting to kick in as well, and I really needed some sleep. Dave nodded understandingly, and bit his lip not knowing how to respond.

"Oh, good luck and your audition tomorrow." I quickly remembered. Dave grinned at me with his eyes really narrowed and softened. He looked to his feet trying not to let his cheeks turn red, but I couldn't help but notice.

"Thanks, Dani. Hey, when am I gonna see you again?" He asked as I was already halfway down the hallway. I chuckled and threw my arms out to the side of me not knowing.

"Well, what's your number?" He laughed back. I rolled my eyes playfully before running back up to him and writing it on his arm. I couldn't believe this guy, but at the same time I loved his attitude, "I'll see you later." He replied with as I walked back down that hall, again. I could feel his eyes watching me walk away, so of course I added some swing to my hips. I loved leading him on, it was like a guilty thing. But, it was addictive.

-

When I got to my apartment. I couldn't tell you how exhausted I was and how relieved I was. I almost passed out right on my floor but I somehow managed to make it to my bed. I was so tired, and my legs were shaky. I'm not gonna even explain why, but my god I was tired. The only good thing was tomorrow was Saturday and guess who doesn't work on Saturdays?

Me. That's what put me to sleep that night.

"Shit." I muttered as I woke up again. I read the clock that said 10:35. I've never slept that late in my life really. You could imagine how quickly I got out of bed and how quickly I changed my clothes. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I couldn't stop thinking about Dave. I knew I'd probably never hear from him again, but he made quite an impression on me. I couldn't believe I actually gave him my number. It was all so unreal, but I knew it would end badly. All my other relationships do.

I headed out the door for some fresh air, maybe to just read or something. But, at the same time I didn't want to leave. I felt like I'd be waiting for that phone call forever. God, I only just met him like yesterday, it's not like I'm ever gonna see him again. He's just another guy that'll probably never talk to me again. How do you even start going out with someone when you barely know them?

"Fuck my life." I said before slamming the door shut and annoyingly walking down the stairs to finally get out of my apartment which was driving me insane.