"He saved Celia's life and he's her best friend, I can't leave him here."

Daniel helped me carry Conner's limp body all the way to the pack house with much struggle due to our own injures. But we managed together and hurried him to the medical wing of the house so that the pack doctor, Henry, could treat him. We laid Conner down on a bed and Henry checked his vitals and his damaging wound.

"This isn't good..." He mumbled, the panic in his eyes noticeable as he got to work.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"This injury is severe especially to a human body. He might be out for a few days but...there may be a chance he won't make it."

It felt like my heart had stopped beating in that moment, especially for Celia, "Wait, what?"

"I'll do everything I can Alpha."

"Where is Celia?"

"She wouldn't calm down so I had to give her a sedative and took her back to your room. But please wait, you need to be treated too."

With no other choice my pack members that were in the fight, James, Daniel, and I waited around until our own injures were cured. I had to have my whole torso wrapped up in a large bandage because of  the knife wound I suffered from. Then with some clean clothes given to me I went upstairs to my room to see Celia. I hesitated to open my door when I got to it at first, thinking in the back of my mind that Celia wouldn't be there but once I opened the door I was relieved to see her in my bed.

She was laying on her back under the thick blankets, her hand up next to her face on the pillow and sleeping deeply due to the sedition she was given. It almost brought me to tears to see her back home, unharmed. It felt like years sleeping in this bed with no one to hold in my arms and protect them from the imaginary monsters of the night. But now she was back so I took her hand and pulled up a chair to sit next to the bed, waiting until she woke up so that I would be the first face she sees.

...

Celia's P.O.V

My body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds as if at any moment it could sink all the way into the center of the earth. My brain was working overtime to drag me up and out of this deep sleep I was in but it wasn't easy. There was a rhythmic movement at the top of my head, brushing my hair ever so gently like a comb. I tried my best to talk but all that came of it was my lips moving and a small whine instead of words.

"Celia? Are you awake?"

After another minute slowly rolled by I finally found the tremendous strength I needed to lift my eyelids and see blurry surroundings all around me. Someone sat next to me on the bed and at first my brain thought of someone else until I recognized the face as being Noah's, his eyes and smile widening as he saw me beginning to move. Once I felt strong enough I pushed the upper half of my body upwards into a sitting position.

"Hey hey, take it easy. You just woke up." Noah wrapped his hand around my back to lay me down against the pillows again.

I reached out and outlined his face with my finger tips like the second I would touch him he would disappear, "Noah?"

"Yes, it's me sweetheart."

"But if you're here then that means..."

"You're back home."