Epilogue: A Daring Escape

As soon as the self-destruct sequence started, the fireteam, a captive Gideon, and the Versa Pietru headed for the front gate exit. As soon as they are outside the spire, the fireteam and their captive mounted the Versa Pietru once again and retraced their previous path back into the portal (the same portal that brought them to R'lyeh could also be used to transport them back to the material realm).

Meanwhile, due to the self-destruct sequence, a massive reddish-orange explosion engulfed the entire spire, disintegrating it alongside the dying Shub-Niggurath within the spire. It also caused a massive chain reaction within the blast radius that reshaped the landscape surrounding the former location of the black spire that kept Shub-Niggurath.

As the spire's explosion changed the landscape, the Versa Pietru, alongside the fireteam and their captive, Gideon, escaped into the material realm through the portal. The air back in Firebase Z was fresher than before, indicating that the Umbral energy surge had been quelled.

That's when Omnitraxus Prime reappeared, alongside his Sangheili soldiers, in front of the fireteam, their captive, and Versa Pietru.

"Omni? What are you doing here?" Raiden Mei asked.

"I came here to investigate a strange anomaly found within this planet. I've sensed it while investigating magic across the Ooo system," Omni answered.

"It turns out we found what is causing the anomaly," Hilda said as she turned in the captive Gideon to Omni.

"Gideon Gleeful," Omni said, "It seems that a few ladies, a gentleman, and an Elder Dragon have foiled your plan to resurrect the 'New Illuminati'."

"What? How did you know?" Gideon was confused.

Omni answered, "That's because you were a former member of the New Illuminati, once revered during the War of the Three Powers. But now... you'll make some new 'friends' in the one place you'll dread the most: the Kyln."

Bee commented, "As a fellow raccoon I met would like to say: 'They call the Kyln the stomach of the prison system: No matter how good you are going in, you come out pretty freakin' bad!' Let's hope that's especially true for you, Gideon."

"B-But... How did you know I was from the New Illuminati?" Gideon asked.

"Let's just say a certain Ljosalfar from the 1st Re-Logic Hero Division told me about you," Omni answered.

And everyone laughed quite a bit.

Meanwhile, the Versa Pietru spoke with Raiden Mei.

"Mei..." said the Versa Pietru.

"What is it?" Mei responded.

The Versa Pietru said the following: "You have done well in successfully quelling the threat of the Umbral energy surge and Shub-Niggurath, with my assistance and with the assistance of others. You also manage to use the power of friendship in order to attain power comparable to deities'. For these acts, you shall attain a magical gift."

The Versa Pietru uses the power of creation within its horns in order to create a holy long sword – the 3rd Sacred Relic.

	"Use this divine sword in your next adventure – and let the blessing of the God of Surrealism, Meme Man, flow through you," the Versa Pietru said

"Of course," Raiden Mei agreed and took up the sword.

And so, with the quelling of the Firebase Z Umbral energy surge, the fireteam lived happily ever after.