"Then...what is it? Is it about work?", he asked me further.

Again, I shook my head. He sighed as he gave up to guess. "What is it, my dear? I know you're angry about something. You only sit down and do that breathing exercise when you're angry, Chae.", he still knew me too well and that softened my heart.

"Dad...I heard your conversation with Jimin the other night.", I barely spoke to him about the matter that has been invading my mind.

"My conversation with Jimin?", dad acted as if he did not understand me.

I kept calm and talked more, "I heard him saying about some investment and he said my name."

I paused to see my dad's reaction. He still kept his straight face. This is my weakness. I cannot predict what my dad is thinking, he always had that face that is hard to understand. He knew my weakness.

"He said he's using me, dad.", sadness filled my voice as I revealed to him how much I knew of their conversation that night I came home. "It was you who he spoke to, right?", I asked with hope that dad will tell me the truth.

"You eavesdropped on us?", that was what dad replied to me.

I shook my head, "That doesn't matter now, dad! What matters is...what was that all about?"

I cried when I accidentally raised my voice at him. He came towards me and wrapped his arms around my head to hug me. I cried even more as he rubbed my back to comfort me.

"I know you're angry with me. I'm sorry, my dear. I'm so sorry.", he said repeatedly while I cried on his shirt.

🥀🥀🥀

I went home late that day on purpose. Even though my dad has explained everything to me, I found it hard to face Jimin. Dad said not to blame Jimin but how can I when what he did all these times were just because of the deal? Dad told me that Jimin has started to fall in love with me but my heart doubted it. Who knows if he just lie to my dad?

When I arrived home, I was startled when I saw a figure siting at the staircase. Did he wait for me? I checked the time on my watch. 2 AM in the morning. I slowly put my shoes on the shoe rack and walked near him. He seemed to sleeping with his head on his knees. How long have he been here though?

As much as I wanted to keep avoiding him and ignoring him, I cannot bear to see him sleeping like this.

"Jimin...Jimin, wake up..", I poked his shoulder slowly.

He moved a little but still had his eyes closed.

"Jimin..."

"Urm...oh! Chaeyoung, you're back.", he suddenly stood up while rubbing his eyes. "Sorry, I fell asleep waiting for you.", he said as he blinked at me.

I told him it was fine and asked him to go upstairs as I, myself started to walk to the second floor.

"Uh...Chaeyoung, aren't we...going to talk?", his question stopped me.

"Can we do it some other time? I'm tired and I need to wash up.", I said before I see him nodding his head.

Park Jimin's POV

I was very sleepy to be honest. But, I cannot go to sleep without talking with Chaeyoung so I waited for her to come home. When she arrived, I was asleep at the staircase but I knew we still had some things to discuss about.

I tried to ask her about it but she refused to do so. I nodded to it and she told me to sleep on the bed. I obeyed it and did not force her to talk because she looked really drained out of energy.

When I lied down on the bed, I could not sleep. I kept looking at the bathroom and thought about what I did wrong to Chaeyoung. Honestly I did not know what it is yet. Should I just ask her?

While I was thinking of it, the bathroom door is opened and Chaeyoung came out to hang her towel at the wall hanger. She did not see me so I pretended to be asleep. A few seconds later, I felt the bed moving so I slowly turned to the empty space beside me.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw the back of Chaeyoung facing me. I sighed silently with the view she gave me. This has been the view I got for three days straight. We might sleep on the same bed but we never face each other.

Everytime I tried to come closer, she will make an aggressive movement that screamed 'Stay away' which made me abruptly freeze.

Tonight, I stayed put and just watched her back without moving. I cannot sleep. My eyes were glued on her slender back view. My mind was busy thinking what my mistake to her. My mouth...slipped out, "Stupid, Jimin."

I saw Chaeyoung flinched when I accidentally said it out loud to myself. I was shocked too as I thought she was fast asleep. She usually sleep easily but by the way she reacted to my sudden self-loathing earlier showed me that she is not sleeping yet right now. She did not even scold me but just moved slightly pulling the blanket up to her neck.

Because of that, I felt curious to know something. I wanted to know if she is still angry with me.

I slowly moved closer to her and stopped when my face touched her hair. She seemed to not making any aggressive movement like before. She just stayed there, close to me as I slowly extended my left arm under her pillow. Still, no movement from her side. I carefully put my right arm on top of the blanket and let it laid there as I did not want to startle her if I put it under the blanket instead.

Few minutes passed and Chaeyoung did not push me away. I smiled before I fell asleep in that position beside her.

🥀🥀🥀

I should be sleeping but tell me how to sleep when Rosé's teaser finally came out at midnight??? Okay, I still need sleep. Bye, guys! See you later! Take care!