Not The Updates (Bonus)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, yes. I promise." Although he's worried about this, he still want to treat Claude. Even he's on the verge of death, he still want to try. "Now, will you be a good boy and wait for me to finish checking up on your brother?"

Joseph slowly nodded, and Aesop put him down. Joseph is surprisingly friendly despite the fact that they just met for few hours. Still, taking care of kids is a lot of work. He stepped back into the room and continue his examination on Claude.

Months after months, Claude's condition still didn't get better. But the twins got along really well with their doctor. Aesop keeps hiding the fact that Claude doesn't have much time left although the twins are already 18 years old by now. Joseph might understand it, but he just couldn't bring himself to say it. Claude is getting paler, and his legs gave up on him. He couldn't walk, and always stay on the bed. Joseph went to school and all, but Claude is here, still stuck on the bed. He only have books to entertain himself when Joseph is away. Joseph keeps asking Aesop about his brother's condition everyday but all the words he get is "Don't worry, he's fine." Aesop is getting busier with Claude until sometimes he never talk to Joseph for weeks. Joseph has few friends coming over sometimes but for Aesop.. It's different.

Until that one night at the garden. Aesop is taking a walk around the garden to calm his mind. He's a bit stressed and worried about Claude. He tried all the thing he can do but there's no effect at all. It's already 11pm and mostly everyone is asleep. "At this point.. Claude really will... Ugh." Aesop closed his eyes in frustration, unable to finish his words.

Sniff.

Aesop quickly turned around. What's that sound? "Is someone there?"

No answer.

Joseph quickly walk carefully without any sound and once he's far enough, he ran up to his room. He overheard what the doctor said. Warm salty tears fall down on his cheeks and to the ground. He knew it. Why Claude doesn't get any better? Why is the doctor lying?

Originally, Joseph saw the doctor went out of his room. It's unusual, since he usually asleep around this time but Joseph thought it's a good timing to go approach him since they haven't talk together for a while now until he heard what the doctor said.

A week later, on a peaceful night.

Joseph still keeps quiet about what he heard the other day and now he lost hope. Aesop still haven't talk to him much, instead he's clinging to Claude a lot more than usual. Is his brother's condition getting more worse? If what the doctor say that night is true, then... Joseph quickly shrugged it off and continue combing through his silly white hair. It's almost time for school again. He doesn't have appetite for breakfast so he will skip it today and go straight to school.

Picking up his bag, he took a peek on his brother's room. As expected, the doctor is still there even it's still early morning. He wanted to say goodbye to his brother like he always do, but since the doctor is there, he decided not to. Little did he know, he regret this.. Joseph turned away and went outside, immediately get into the car.

Afternoon, 12:43pm.
The doctor went upstairs to get lunch for Claude. Thankfully, the maid already prepare everything and the foods are already on the tray. Today, he gotta feed Claude again since he can't even lift his finger. He's getting weak as expected but Aesop still have high hope he will get better.

The doctor push the door with his feet since his hands are busy carrying the tray but the sight surprised him. "Claude!" He immediately put the tray away. Claude is coughing blood and his breath is uneven, almost like struggling for air.

"Calm down, Claude! Breath." Aesop picked some tissue and wipe the blood off from his mouth. He shouldn't panic since he's a doctor after all but this is worrying him.