Not The Updates (Bonus)

(Yeah, not the updates but this is a bonus for y'all. Wait for me, and meanwhile just read this small fanfic I just finished yesterday. Next chapter is on progress, thank you for waiting. ('。• ᵕ •。') ♡)

Strong wind blowing, slightly brushing against the grey haired man skin. It's not really that cold, but he's sensitive so his body reacted to it and shuddered. Arriving at his destination, he looked up at the big mansion owned by well known noble Desaulnier family.

He took more step further, bringing himself to the main door and immediately knock on the door. Not long after, a woman opened the door. The young man took a deep breath, since he's a bit anxious around strangers but he tried to fight it. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Aesop Carl, the doctor who was assigned to treat Claude Desaulnier start from today." A small forced smile curled on his lips.

The woman, who Aesop assumed that it's a maid nodded. "Come in. Claude is in second floor in their room. He's always with his twin brother, Joseph. I wish you well." Finishing her job as escorting Aesop to the twins room, the woman bowed and excused herself.

Once the maid is gone from his vision, Aesop knocked on the door softly, trying not to disturb them just in case they're asleep. Few seconds passed and he could hear small footsteps running towards the door, and soon it's opened, revealing a small child with a long white hair tied to a loose ponytail. On the bed, there's a very similar small child to the one in front of him now. Aesop kneeled down and hold the small hand, "You must be Joseph, right?"

The child, confusingly nod.

Aesop give him a gentle smile. "I'm Aesop, and I'm your brother's doctor."

Claude, who was sleeping peacefully on the bed still hasn't noticed about the 'intruder' in the room. Joseph, on the other hand is happy that there's another person here. He won't be bored anymore since he's always alone, he thought. "Isop! Isop! Let's play!"

"It's Ae-sop." The doctor sighed. Is he gonna deal with a needy child like this for years? "I need to check on your brother now, I'll talk to you later. Can you wait outside?"

Disappointed, Joseph walked out. It's always Claude, Claude and Claude. He feels like he's being left out. He know Claude has an illness but somehow he's getting jealous of Claude getting all the attention. "Maybe, I'll just barge in?" The child thought to himself and soon he nodded, suddenly slam the door open but there's no loud sound since his strength isn't much.

Both of them looked at him. "Joseph? I told you to wait outside."

Joseph ignored the words and walked up to him, pulling his shirt and drag him outside. "J-joseph? I'm still checking up on your brother..!" Aesop had no choice but just follow the small child's need. "Claude, wait for me here."

The sleepy child on the bed nodded, picking up the book on the small table to kill his boredom while waiting. Joseph dragged Aesop outside and he stopped at the hallway when he feels like he's far enough. "I wanna talk to you."

"Yes, sure. Go ahead."

"How's my brother?" Joseph looked up at him.

Aesop looked away to avoid eye contact. "W-well.. He's actually fine. He's fine. But you know, some illness need a long treatment to get better." He sighed. Claude looks pale and his heartbeat is slow. No wonder all the previous doctor ran away and don't wanna treat him. Still, poor child must've been so strong to endure this.

"Lie! You're lying, right? All the previous doctors left us because they couldn't treat Claude!" Joseph throw a tantrum, yelling and screaming around.

Aesop panicked, he's not good handling kids like this. "J-joseph- Uh listen to me, will you?" He quickly picked Joseph up and strokes his head softly, in attempt to calm him down. Fortunately, it worked. Joseph stopped crying and snuggles onto his chest. "P-please.. Sniff. Treat my brother..."