006 ⫶ Acquiesce

Acquiesce: accept something reluctantly  without protest

×

Yunjin was shaking as she paced back and forth in her bedroom, from her king sized bed to the door and back again.

She was fucked.
She was so beyond fucked.

She really didn't know what made her
answer the phone when Sho called. It had been four months since her and Sho's fight, since they were actually talking.

So Sho wouldn't have minded if Yunjin didn't answer one stupid phone call. She would have shrugged, pocketed her phone and made a mental note to try again in twenty minutes.

Yunjin, though. Yunjin wasn't that smart. She'd scrambled over to the nightstand with flushed cheeks and labored breaths and answered the phone with a shaky "Hey."

"Hey." Sho answered back, skeptical.
"What's up?" She asked, light concern and curiosity lacing her voice.

"What? Nothing." Yunjin swallowed hard, tried to get her voice back under control. "Nothing"

Sho was quiet for several long, heavy moments before, "Are your parents home?" Yunjin's stomach did a flip and she swallowed again.

"No. It's Thursday, they're out with my aunt." Sho caught the hint. When Yunjin's parents went out for a night on the town with her aunt, they didn't get home until well after the bars closed.

"Give me half an hour." The line had gone dead before Yunjin could respond.

She collapsed into the loveseat in her bedroom, her knee bouncing anxiously and her eyes locked on the phone across the room.

Yunjin had no fucking idea why she told Sho her parents would be out late. She didn't know why she told Sho they were even gone. Hell, she didn't know why she answered the phone in the first place.

She couldn't sit still. She got up and walked into her bathroom to check her makeup. She wasn't surprised with she found it slightly smudged and her hair a mess. She brushed her hair as slow as she could, which really wasn't saying a whole lot. But waiting for Sho to arrive was killing her.

She closed her eyes and bit her lip when images flashed through her mind. Sho on top of her, her on top of Sho. Usually the former. Hot skin and flushed cheeks. Thursday nights before they broke up.

If you could call it that.

Her ringtone scared her half to death and she threw the hairbrush on the counter in a rush to answer it.

"My key doesn't fit." Yunjin chuckled.

Of course her key doesn't fit. The last
time Sho came over was... Yunjin pushed the mini movie out of her head and tried to remember where the spare was.