Chapter Six : crimson tide?

Start from the beginning

I looked at Paige confused at what Haylee just said but she motioned me to continue.

"No, no I don't think it's healthy for me to be answering your calls at night, I don't want Paige to feel there's a threat and I don't want to lose her," I waited for a response.

She scoffed, "asshole, she's trying to tear our friendship apart Parker, you're really going to let her ruin us? You're going to let that bitch control you? I'll talk to her and get through her thick fucking skull to back the fuck off," she was mad.

"No she had nothing to do with this," I hesitated, "I did, I decided I shouldn't be there and I should be there for Paige," I waited for a response.

"That bitch is going to pay," she said before hanging up on me.

I looked at Paige worried that she'd be in panic but she was calm which confused me.

"She threatened you but I'm almost certain she's not going to do shit to you," I tried to reassure her who didn't look in need of reassurance.

"Parker, she's obsessed with having you wrapped around her finger. Of course she'll do something but most of it will be all talk until she wants to do some damage."

"She said you," she interrupted me and then looked nervous.

"Okay so she lied but not technically whatever she said switched the roles," she waited and I thought back to what she said.

"Okay just tell me your side," I looked at Paige and she looked uncomfortable.

"So I liked you a while back ago when Haylee and I were close. I told her I had feelings and she threatened me, told me every single time I wouldn't do something for her she'd tell you and in my head that was bad because you know it's just messy. But once she did end up being with you I saw my chance to leave and not be at her beck and call," Paige looked at me expecting me to understand and I did but I was also smirking.

"Porter, you liked me before," I smiled.

"Come on you probably knew," she shook her head and I knew for a fact I didn't, she hid those feelings really well.

"No I actually didn't, when was that?"

"Before you and Haylee dated," she shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal but it was.

I liked her all throughout middle school, she was cool, played games with us, no girls did that then. I found it sexy as hell. I just didn't do anything because well my best friend was her twin brother. Thank fucking god Paige and Malcolm aren't identical. Malcolm looked a lot more like Kayla and Paige was her own breed, Nora was mixed between the three.

"And you never told me?" I looked at her a little confused forgetting who she was.

"Parker, come on me telling you I liked you? Does that sound like me?" she waited.

"No, but I liked you then too," I looked at her and she looked shocked.

"Parker," she said my name very sternly, "you had a funny way showing it."

"How so?" I rested my head in my hands and just stared at her waiting for the excuse.

"You pushed me in the pool at Haylees birthday party and left me! I couldn't swim very well and Malcolm had to come help me before I died!"

"I didn't push you in the pool," I shook my head and remembered that day like it was yesterday.

"Yes you did, I heard your stupid laugh before getting pushed in," she crossed her arms.

"Paige, Noah pushed you in, I was laughing at something Haylee told me when you got pushed in but the next thing I saw was Malcolm jumping in and trying to get you above water. I went over to help pull you out. You passed out of fear probably and I did chest compressions before doing mouth to mouth. You coughed up water and looked at me for a solid ten seconds before passing out again," I looked at her like she should know.

"I was so mad at you for so long because I thought you pushed me," she looked at me almost apologetically, "and no one talked about the pool party after that."

"Malcolm told us not to, he didn't want you to feel embarrassed for almost drowning. He told Noah to apologize and he said he did but apparently not," I shook my head knowing what a dumbass Noah always was.

"Do you remember in the car?" she then looked up at me like something changed in her.

"Be more specific, there were a lot of times in the car."

"When you found out that I hated you."

"Yeah you gave me a bitch answer," I nodded and she sighed like I ruined the moment, "you going tell me what I did wrong Porter?"

"I will if you don't act like a complete tool," she crossed her arms.

"Depends on how stupid enough the reasons of you hating me are," I joked but I don't think she took it as a joke because she got up and walked away, "Paige! I was joking!" I called out.

"Too late Greyson, I'm done talking to you today!" she said going into the living room.

She was going to be the one to test my patience.