"Are you people sure you are okay?" Susan's mother questioned from the window of the car. I couldnt believe that this woman was still trying to stuff us with more food after everything we'd eaten already.

         "Yes ma,thank you ma" we appreciated in unison. "Okay,let me pack extra for you people for the evening" she declared,taking out a pack of plastic containers and I groaned inwardly. How could she expect us to eat more?

         We left to carry Susan and Rebecca's things to the hostel and luckily,they had fallen into Woodhill hostel,the hostel right after me and Oghale's,while their mother was busy with packing food for our dinner like the school wouldnt provide for us.

         It was a good feeling though,I wondered if this was what I was missing out on,the feeling of having your mother do all these for you. I didnt dwell much on the thought though,I was way past wishing on my mother and I knew better now.

        "Kainene,are you done?" Oghale questioned,walking into Room F which Susan had been posted to whilst Rebecca being posted to Room H. "Remaining to lay her bed,please just help me abeg" I panted,sweat beads which had formed over my temples beginning to trickle down slowly.

         With Oghale's help,we were able to finish up with arranging Susan's things and got back to their mother who did well to hand us every edible things she'd packed for us,food,snacks as well as drinks.

         She prayed over all of us,her little girls to be more precise before finally bidding us goodbye. I'd expected a few tears if not from Rebecca,at least from Susan but I guess they were more excited to finally be a part of the highly esteemed Pacific Crest than sad to leave their mother.

         "Ose,take us to your hostel na" Rebecca suggested as we walked back from the parking lot. "That's where we are even going now,Kainene right?" Oghale questioned.

         "Yes yes" I breathed. I wondered why Rebecca subscribe to the first part of Oseghale's name instead of the simple short form,Oghale. Well,in her defence,Ose was actually shorter.

         "You're going to Atlantic hall right?" I questioned Oghale as we reached West Wood hostel. "Yeah,I'll meet you in the evening" she told me. "Okay no problem,Susan" I called,stretching my hand out so Susan could take it.

         "Kainene bye!" Rebecca called out before they could walk past. "Bye dear" I called back with a smile. "Is this your bed?" Susan questioned as I led her into my corner.

        "Yes my love,you can sit down" I told her as I propped myself down on the bed. "Kainene,is that your buddy?" I heard Jade squeal as she walked into the room.

         "Yes o,Susan,meet Jade...Jade...Susan" I did the introduction as Jade entered the corner,taking a seat beside Susan on my bed. "Hi" Susan smiled. "Awwn,how are you? She's so cute"  Jade cooed,earning a small laugh from me and probably a wider smile from Susan.

        "Where's your buddy?" I questioned her,taking off my shoes as well as my socks. "She's sleeping in her hostel abeg and I'm happy,that girl is work,Oluwa!" She exclaimed making me laugh.

        "Its almost time for food o,Susan did you bring your purse? Your cutlery is inside" I questioned her,pulling out my slippers and putting them on.

         "Let me check" She replied,zipping her bag open and going through the contents. "Its not here,its like Rebecca left it in school block" She cried,tears already gathering the rim of her orbs. Oh,the thrill of having new students in school.

         "When did you go to the school block na?"I complained,feeling my fatigue zap through my bones at the thought of walking back to the school block. "It was when Rebecca went to ease herself in the loo" she cried,her tears trickling down her face.