"Kainene" she suddenly called as we approached the auditorium,a little bit more seriously. "Yeah" I replied. She hesitated,like she was trying to gather the words she would use.

        "You know..." she started,pausing yet again. I think I was gradually picking up on the fact that what she wanted to ask was sensitive. "Yeah,know what?" I pushed on.

        "Dont worry,I'll ask you later" she brushed off the topic as we reached the auditorium and headed towards the nurse's table.

        The nurses made us count the files to ensure that they were complete. From then on,it was like noone wanted us to get complete ten minutes of rest because errands kept running in from time to time and Oghale and I would have to dash out again.

         Either they would need some list,or require us to find the buddy of a new student or would need us to take a message to an authority or get some extra uniform delivered to the auditorium. New students and well as their parents

         By the time our buddies arrived,we had already expended more than half of our energy. At first,both Oghale and I faced difficulties in trying to separate the identities of the twins as they looked too similar for their own good,so similar that I would almost call them the same person.

        They were cute though,two petite, fair skinned girls who could hardly do anything without their mother,it was normal for them to still be dependent though. Their mother though,I deemed her nice. She helped us through every stage and before we knew it,we were headed to have a seat at the end of the auditorium.

        "Kainene,give me Suzan's clothes let me go and start printing their names" Oghale suggested. "Okay,I'll start writing their names on their books" I told her,handing her the bag the school had shared to the new students to assist them in gathering their things.

         "Let me write Rebecca's own,Rebecca come and sit down here!" Their mother directed the last part of her statement towards the girl who had taken to her feet and began walking away.

        "Mummy,I want to greet Binyi's Father" she called back. I sighed inwardly on behalf of her mother,Rebecca had been the only one keeping us on our toes the whole day. Susan,the more reserved one was my buddy while Rebecca,the rather more outgoing one was Oghale's buddy.

        "Come back here let us finish and leave this place! Emi yoo lu ọ bayi o!(I will slap you now o)" Her mother threatened.  She sulked,making a face before dragging her feet back to where we were seated even though it was clearly a baseless threat.

          Fortunately,there was no other distraction as before we could even finish writing names on all their books,Oghale emerged with their bags of clothes in hand.

          "Oghale,you're done?" Their mother questioned as she took a seat beside me. "Yes ma" she breathed heavily,placing the bags on her laps. "Ehya,you're tired abi. Just relax ehn,we would soon finish here and then we'll go and eat" Her mother consoled.

         "Thank God" Oghale mouthed to me,making me smile. We'd both missed out on lunch because we'd been too busy with our buddies that we didnt notice when lunch was over.

         We'd finished up with the books and packed them back into what we'd usually call their 'books bag'. Then the best part of the day came. After we'd carried their things to the car and gotten everything ready for moving to the hostel,Oghale and I relaxed behind the large black Venza they'd driven to school and practically feasted like queens.

        From the different varieties of rice,to the seasoned fish and meat,to the assorted and chilled drinks,I doubted if we would be able to eat something else for the rest of the day,I felt full to my oesophagus.