𝟎𝟕 | Προστατεύω

Start from the beginning

"ASTA! RETREAT AT ONCE!" Medea raised her voice for the second time, afraid of what will happen to her colleague.

An enormous body of ice appeared on the ground, its spikes hitting the small midget on his abdomen. Asta was forced to back away as blood escaped his mouth whilst he screamed in pain. He fell to the floor and was soon enveloped by the enemy's ice.

Medea's movements and thoughts came to a halt. The way Asta lay there immobilized with his eyes close as if he's dead made her remember Him. The day she saw him on the ground as if he's only sleeping but the difference between what happened is that, he will never wake again.

Her ragged breaths can be seen, the way her body silently twitched was not enough to gain the attention of her two companions as well as the villagers as they were focused on the enemy. She snaked her hand to her neck as she started to not breathe properly. As if there's something of someone blocking her airway.

'I can't breathe...help me...Brother...William...Noelle...
anybody...' She closed her eyes as she refused to let her tears escape, she refused to show her weakness. 'I'm scared.'

Unexpectedly, a voice responded. Specifically, a male voice.

'5...4...3...2...1...breathe'

And with that, Medea finally inhaled oxygen as she touched her knees to stabilize herself. She doesn't know nor recognizes that voice. However, all she knows that he is her savior.

'Thank you.'

"Miss Magic Knight!" A child named Nick called her in panic as he pointed his little finger in the direction of her grimoire.

The others followed suit as the Heir of Solon whipped her head to her grimoire. However, she squinted her eyes as her grimoire opened a specific page then neon black to dark amethyst ink started to appear as another spell was unlocked.

'Creation magic?! Chants?!' She didn't know that magic needs chants to be activated but her gut feeling tells her that she needs to read that to activate it.

Medea immediately smirked as she made eye contact with her senior, Magna. As if their minds were having a conversation then they nodded towards each other as Medea extended her hands, Magna covering her body as a shield towards the enemy.

Our heroine watched as Asta kept attacking the enemy to distract him. Medea's violet eyes started to glow as a magic circle appeared on her palm. The three ancient letters inside the small circles surrounding the thick lines of her magic circle started to circulate. (Like the photo above)

Then, dozens of magic circles similar to the one on her palm began to appear above the sky. The villagers and the others stared in awe at the beauty of her magic.

"Noelle, I trust you that your shield will protect us from my magic," Medea asked her dear friend in assurance. Noelle smirked confidently as she nodded at her, "Of course! I can control this now!"

"ASTA! TAKE COVER!" Magna yelled as Asta nodded in agreement and covered himself with his sword since it reflects any type of magic.

Medea smiled then held her sword on the other hand tightly, her sword started to glow too as she read the chants.

"I, who stands in the full twilight of the night, commands thee, who punish the people in hell.