Chapter 27

Aria's outfit above:)

Aria's POV

We came back from Sweden the night after ball because Mark needed to attend an important meeting out of town so Liam was here all alone since Nathan's parents are in Florida. The work there was done anyways so it wasn't an issue. During the flight back we didn't talk much since I was mostly sleeping and Nathan was constantly on his laptop; supposedly doing his work. Though the air between us was thick. We arrived at 10am in the morning. Nathan gave me a day off and I gladly accepted it because I was jet-lagged.

I texted Vi that I arrived and she said she coincidentally took half day at her work today and was thinking how she was going to spend it since I wasn't there. She told me she would be back home soon with some snacks. I changed into comfortable clothes and sat on the couch with my phone. Oh did I mention, I posted my picture in that ball gown on my Instagram and received many likes and comments on it. Not to mention even Nathan liked it. I know it sounds normal if a person likes your post, but here we are talking about Nathan Parker. I didn't even thought he would be using his account. I assumed he just kept the account for business purpose. But well I was wrong. I shrugged my shoulders at that thought.

Vi came home after an hour and we talked for four hours about our life and everything. I told her everything about the trip except that almost kiss between Nathan and me. 'But Was he seriously going to kiss me or was it just the heat of the moment.' I guess I'll never be able to find that answer since I am not going to ask him about that. We watched some movies after that but Vi asked me many times if I am hiding something from her but I just denied her. Gosh, that girl knows me so well. After constantly telling her that I am not, she just shrugged her shoulders at the end. She finally let go of the topic but not before giving me 'I know you are hiding something' look. She knows me inside out and I am very much grateful to have her. She is everything I ever needed in a best friend.

At around four in the evening I called Sam since we haven't seen each other for a while to come at our place to hangout. Luckily he was free so he agreed. We ordered three large box of our favourite pepperoni pizza and some soft drinks instead of wine due to the fact that we all had work the next day. Due to our jobs, we weren't able to spend time together. The rest of the evening was spent with us three talking, eating and laughing just like old times. Sam left at 10pm and me and Vi went to our respective rooms after saying our goodnight's. I called my parents after that since it wasn't that late and they would be awake. I hanged up the call at midnight and I was tired as hell. I looked at my suitcases near my closet and decided to unpack tomorrow. With much efforts, I changed into night wear and as soon as I was on my bed; I was out like a light.

The next morning, I woke up with my alarm blaring in my ear. Why does the morning comes so early. I literally just slept. I looked at the clock to see it was 7:50am in the morning. If I don't wake up now, I would definitely be late for the office today. I groaned but at last sat up and went in the bathroom to do my regular morning routine. Once I was done with showering, I wore my bathrobe and went to the closet. I decided to wear black and white stripped top with black pants and white blazer to give it a professional look. I tied my hair in an high ponytail and for the makeup part, I just applied my favourite strawberry flavoured lipbalm. I looked at the clock to see it was already 8:20am. I took my brown handbag and took all the necessary things like my phone, keys, wallet,etc.

Since I wasn't that hungry, I just made myself a cup of coffee and went to my car to head out to office. I reached office at 8:50am. Thank god I wasn't late and reached just in time. I greeted Mel and Claire and we all decided to have lunch together. I went in my office and the first thing I noticed was piles of files on my desk. Looking at it, I know for sure today is definately going to be a long day.
'Perks of working for a billionaire.' I thought sarcastically.