Chapter 2

“Today, class, we will be learning about the history of fairies and elves before we signed the contract.” Our Elfish History professor said, walking back and forth at the front of the classroom with her hands behind her back. Like the rest of the female elf population, she was short and had long brown hair that was pulled back into a neat bun.  She's also had it out for me since the first day of school, not that I liked her either.  She was too uptight.

Harmony discretely turned around in her seat and handed me a note, grinning slightly.

 ‘Well this is slightly ironic, don’t you think?’  Her neat scrawl read.

I grinned down and started scribbling a reply. ‘It’s like she KNOWS what I want to do.’

I tapped on her shoulder and she reached her hand backwards.

“Melody, Harmony!” Professor Bale barked at us. “Is there something you two would like to share with the class?”

“No, ma’am.” I mumbled, shaking my head.

“Good.” She sighed. “No more interruptions, or I’m going to separate you two.”

“Sorry.” Harmony said and the professor nodded curtly.

She rolled her eyes and began speaking. “Who can tell me what they know about our history?” When no one raised their hand, she sighed and started looking around the room. 

“Please don’t call on me, please don’t call on me.” I whispered quietly to myself.

Her eyes stopped on me and she smirked. “Ms. Amarae!”

“Crap.” I muttered under my breath and then looked at her. “Yeah?”

“Please tell me your knowledge of our history.”

“Uh…there was a lady; her name was…uh…Arwin Feradeth?” I said and the professor nodded.

“Continue.”

“Okay…uh…well the fairies and elves worked together, but that chick-” The class chuckled and I grinned in satisfaction before continuing. “-that chick, she fell in love with a human?”

Professor Bale nodded. “And why was that so bad?”

“I’m actually not sure,” I sighed, scrunching my face up. “But the fairies were the ones protecting humans, and apparently an elf falling in love with a human is endangering to them…or something.”

The professor groaned and buried her hands in her face. “Okay, but why is that a bad thing?”

I glowered at her. “If I didn’t tell you the reason, obviously I don’t know.”

She glared at me and pointed towards the door. “Principal’s office. Now.”

I sighed and grabbed my bag, before slinging it over my shoulder and waltzing out of the room.

I walked down the hallway, and opened the door of the office and continued walking until I reached the principal’s office.

He looked up in surprise when the door opened, but sighed when he saw me.  “Seriously? Already?”

“What can I say?” I shrugged, plopping in one of the leather chairs in front of his desk.

“Do you even try to stay out of trouble?”

“I try it just doesn’t work out well.”

He sighed again. “What happened this time?”

“My professor asked me a stupid question, and I felt the need to answer it sarcastically.”

He leaned forward in his chair and stared intently at me. “Are you alright?”