As soon as Emmett finished his sentence, the pair broke out into laughter, knowing that they both loved to cause drama and confusion everywhere they went. Lyra pressed a quick kiss to Emmett's cheek before he got out of the Jeep and walked around to Lyra's side of the car, opening the door for her. "So chivalrous." Lyra joked as she got out of the car.

"I try." Emmett wrapped his arm around her shoulders and Lyra quickly tangled her fingers with his limp hand.

They strutted past the rest of the Cullens, Lyra sending Alice a small wink as she passed the grinning pixie. "Love the outfit!" Alice called to the copper-haired girl, who blew a kiss towards her in response. Lyra planned for the dramatic display when she was getting ready that morning, hence the black leather jacket, her Bakugo t-shirt (which she wore for Emmett, of course), ripped black skinny jeans, and heeled-boots.

A smirk grew on the banshee's face when she looked over at Bella, who was staring at her with a shocked expression. "Everyones' staring." Lyra muttered to Emmett, reveling in the confusion of her peers.

"Well, we should give them something to really stare at." Emmett stopped walking as his arm dropped from around her shoulders to her waist. Lyra smirked as she hooked her fingers in the belt loops of his pants, pulling him towards her as his other hand cupped her face. He leaned down as she looked up at him, their lips meeting in the middle. The kiss was gentle and rather quick, but it had the effect the pair was looking for. "I love your shirt, by the way." He muttered in her ear before he wrapped his arm around her shoulder once more.

"Thank you!" She replied, tangling her fingers with his before pulling his hand to her mouth and pressing a kiss to the back of it, "I wore it for you."

A grin grew on Emmett's face at her words and he gently pulled her closer, pressing a kiss to her temple.

The whispers of their peers rang around the shocked parking lot as the couple strutted towards the school.

***

Lyra exited her last class before lunch to find both Emmett and Bella waiting there, the latter continuously glancing at the former. "Can we talk?" Bella asked Lyra as soon as she saw her.

"Yeah, sure thing." Lyra replied, looping her arm through Bella's and ignoring the pout that Emmett was giving her. She merely said to him, "I'll see you in the cafeteria." She tossed him her backpack before walking away with Bella.

"Emmett Cullen?" Bella asked her, making a small smile grow on Lyra's face at the mere mention of his name, "When were you going to tell me?"

"To be fair, Bells, this is a really recent development. Like, 'last night' recent."

"What happened exactly?"

"There's not much to say really. I went to his house yesterday to work on our history project since we were a week behind because I was sick. Then he drove me home because my car wouldn't start. We talked for a bit before he kissed me. Then I kissed him. Then he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. We kissed a few more times before I went into my house and he drove home."

Bella looked at Lyra before saying, "I just don't see it."

Lyra rolled her eyes before replying as she pulled open the cafeteria door, "You don't have to see it. You just gotta accept that he's my boyfriend and that I care for him deeply."

"Of course, I accept it. I just didn't see it coming. I thought-"

"-That I had a crush on Alice, I know. But, I don't and I never did." Lyra froze for a moment, "Actually, no, that's a lie. I had a crush on her for the first few months after she got here, but that's besides the point. I am now in a happy relationship and..." She trailed off when she noticed Bella wasn't paying attention anymore. The brunette's attention was stolen by a broody bronze-haired vampire.