Chapter-2|New Faces

Start from the beginning

Once the introduction and small talk were out of the way, we all made our way to the place where the party was going on.

Imagine my surprise when it was within walking distance. It took us around fifteen minutes to reach the place. The heels definitely made it difficult. One girl, we met told me it was the basketball house.

I heard the music before I could see the house. People were crowding the front of the house, I could only imagine what the inside would look like. The swarms of people did nothing to hide the beauty of the house. It was a well-maintained two-story house with a huge front yard.

"Come on, let's go inside," Riley yelled over the music, clutching Dani's hand who in return clutched my hand.

It was difficult to take everything in once you stepped inside. People were dancing, making out, drinking, playing games, there were people everywhere.

"Let's go get drinks." As soon as Riley finished her sentence, she started making her way towards the kitchen where we assumed the drinks would be.

The kitchen was comparatively less crowded. Instead of a crowd, there were small groups in here.

Taking out a vodka bottle, she poured us two shots each.

"Let's go!" She cheered as the three of us knocked back our shots.

Vodka is disgusting! But it's still the best.

Taking a beer bottle each to keep our hands busy and to keep the buzz going, we made our way towards the living room.

"What the fuck!" Riley suddenly yelled, ready to slap the guy who grabbed her elbow and pulled her to him. Hearing her yell, Dani and I instantly turned on our feet to help her.

"Relax, baby tiger! Relax." The guy said with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh my god, Noah! Why the fuck would you do that?" She exclaimed, obviously knowing the guy.

"Why the fuck would you come to this party on the first night of your college?" Noah questioned instead.

"Because it's the first of college." She replied in a duh tone.

"It is going to piss off your brother."

Suddenly, Riley started looking around her as if searching for something.

"What are you looking for?" He asked genuinely curious.

"Looking for the fuck I am supposed to give." She said smiling sweetly at Noah.

I couldn't control my laughter after that. Dani and I laughed our asses off at her savage reply. Even Noah had a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Well, come on sass queen. If you are going to stay here, stay close."

Turning to Dani and me, he gave us a charming smile, "Hey! I am Noah."

"Hi. I am Iris."

"Danielle. but please call me Dani." We both smiled at him.

"These are my beautiful roommates." Riley introduced, wrapping an arm around our shoulder.

"Oh! I am so sorry. It must be a nightmare tolerating this one." Noah smirked, ruffling Riley's hair.

"Not the fucking hair, Noah. Not the fucking hair." Riley looked ready to tackle Noah on the ground.

"Okay, okay," Noah said, raising his hands in a surrender motion.

"We have to meet your brother. If he saw you wandering alone, he'll kill you."

"Whatever. Let's go." Riley said huffing like a child.