Chapter 10

Aizawa POV

"Shota, I love you... I've loved you since the day we met in high school, and that love isn't just platonic... I'm in love with you Shota!"

After Hizashi is done, we sit in silence for what I'm sure is too long, but it's important for me to think of the right thing to say. 

Although I may be oblivious in the ways of love and relationships, I am not that oblivious. I could clearly tell Hizashi's feelings for me, and, we are soulmates, so that also put me a bit more on guard than usual. I was trying to keep us just as what I was used to, but I knew that would eventually change.

Today when Hizashi was in the Shower I remembered the end of a memory that I had forgotten a long time ago, and it made me realize... that I love him too.

"I had a dream a few days before we got our hearts... well it was more like a memory, we were hanging out back in high school, at the time I had the dream, it was cut off short, and I couldn't remember where it happened, what we were doing... and what you were saying right as the dream cut out, but while you were in the shower, I just remembered." I begin

"Sh-Shota... what are you sayi-" Hizashi starts, but I cut him off. He looks like he's going to cry, but I need to tell him in this way, it's the only way I know how.

"Just let me finish, just now I remembered, it was the last day we saw eachother in person before I left. We were out at a festival, and... that day you said something to me, do you remember what you said?" I ask

Hizashi just shakes his head, it was a long time ago.

"You said these exact words, and I finally remembered them, you said, 'You know Shota, I really like you... no, you know that I like you... Shota... I-I... I LOVE YOU!' I remember distinctly that you shouted the last part and caused a bunch of people to look over our way. Do you remember that now?" I ask again

He nods his head this time, clearly not wanting to say any words.

"Well do you remember what I said in response?" I ask one more question

He shakes his head.

"I said, 'You know what I love...? Sleep'," That seemed to make Hizashi very sad, this might not be the best memory in his opinion, but now that I remember it, I know that it is one that I will never again forget.

"Shota, if you don't love me back you could've just-" Hizashi starts in tears but I interrupt again.

"Let me finish. Yes, that is what I said, but the words that were inside me then, and the same ones that are in me right now..." I pause for a moment until Hizashi looks up to my face and I gently grab his shoulders.

"The words in my chest then, and in my heart now are 'I love you too... idiot'" With that last statement I pull Hizashi into a strong hug and he finally lets out all of his tears.

"SHOTA!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DRAG IT OUT THAT LONG!!!! I THOUGHT THAT YOU HATED ME!!! AND BRINGING UP THAT MEMORY!!!!!" Hizashi shouts, clearly unable to control his quirk with all of his emotions bubbling over at that moment.

"Sure... I love you, and I will to the end of time... but... it's midnight, can you please quiet your voice down" I say with a wince and we both laugh, this is something that I know will never get old, and our love will always stay strong. 

................................................................................................................................................................

a/n: We're finally at the last chapter (there's still an epilogue that will come out next week) I know that this chapter is short, but I felt that adding anything else would ruin it. I hope that you have enjoyed this story so far and that you will also enjoy the epilogue next week!

As always, I hope that you all have a great week until next time when the official last chapter of this story will come out! Until then!