Mates with Azriel

Comincia dall'inizio

She introduced you to the inner circle and Velaris, you could finally put a face to the ones who made Keir suffer. The city was enchanting and quickly became a home. You found a new family, a family who would never make you suffer ever again. They would protect you against anyone or anything that threatened you.

Your shadows had danced around your ankles, taking a peek of the newness and exclaimed expressions had spread on their faces. Armen sniffed and smiled. She came up to you and placed a hand on your arm. Then she turned to the mysterious spymaster and chuckled, you didn't know or asked her what that was about.

You had been afraid of their reactions towards your shadows. But you only found comfort and happiness as they welcomed you and accepted every part of your being. Your shadows were welcome and felt free to be there, around your shoulder, arms, shins...

The spymaster's shadows would always come out freely around you, yours and his would dance together. Everyone would stop and look when it would happen. The meaning behind their faces was a clue to you.

The first time your eyes had met Azriel's, a spark of fire had started to burn inside of you. You left it alone, unsure of what it meant, but it was a constant burning that comforted you. Whenever you thought of him or be around him, the burning would heat you up. His glances would pierce through your soul and you could spend hours studying his hazel eyes. He always remained quiet but when alone you two could spend hours chatting. Slowly, both of you opened up to each other, talking about things no one else knew.

When the first war came, you were assigned as a right hand to healers in Azriel's camp. Only years later did you find out he had asked for it, to keep you by his side. Back then, he knew you were his mate, but he would never ask this of you. He was filled with the fear you would resent him and push him away. That you would hate him for his scars and his very existence, the fear another loved one would abandon him. The bond was deep inside of you, burning with hunger, you didn't know what it was.

    It was years later when it snapped in place. It was your first time back in the Court of Nightmares, Rhysand was sprawled on his throne, his power thrumming and defying anyone who stood up to him. Keir was standing in front of the dais staring right through your eyes, your shadows whispering every single thought that fueled his anger. Rhys noticed his stare and peered inside your mind and asked.

             After delivering all of Keir's thoughts toward you and your family, Rhys took pleasure in making him pay. Others who tried to defy their High Lord trying to save Keir got their heads and members slowly pulled apart. The Hewn city finally learned to never cross Rhysand and to never lay a hand on someone he cared for.

    As screams were heard, Azriel had taken a place by your side, Rhys had given him an indication to evacuate you. His shadows were soothing and sang to you as he excourted you out. A shy hand appeared on the small of your back, his warm hand heated you to your very core.

            All the way to a small room, his hand was firm on you, never letting you go. You twisted around and stared into his eyes. He was taken back by your sudden movement and bumped into you making you lose your balance. His arms were instantly around your waist, trying to keep you with him, but you brought him down as you fell.

           Your body hit the ground, your head making a thud. His body was massive above you, his shadows going crazy. His deep voice vibrated through you, « Are you okay, do you need something- I'm so sorry, it's all my fault. ». You smiled, giving him the affirmation that you were okay. His knees were in a kneeling position on either side of your hips and his upper body was bent down above you.

            You brought your palm to his cheek and felt the smooth skin beneath hit, you stroked it, he shuddered. His face was inches from yours, his breath hot against your face. His strong arms on either side of you, keeping himself up. He was staring into your eyes. You were both stuck in time, neither wanted to break it off. Desire was building up inside of you, the burning was an explosion in your core.