Monster/X-Men #2

You leaned against the tree you found that was out of the way but also in view of the fire. You had a red cup in your hand filled with whatever Lorna gave you that you haven't drank out of yet. Venom said it was something called moonshine but you had no idea what that was.

Bobby: Hey!

You looked to your left and found Bobby walking your way.

Bobby: Why are you off hiding over here? Don't you know that you're the man of the hour?

You raised a brow.

Y/N: The man of the hour?

Bobby: Well, yeah. You're the legendary Codex's kid. And on tip of that, you're Monster. Everyone here knows who you are.

Seriously? That was news to you. That explains why you felt like everyone's eyes were on you.

Bobby: Dude, you got a prime opportunity here. Go and use it. We can only afford one downer.

Y/N: Who's the other one?

Bobby signaled behind him where you found that Laura girl off on her own. Not even a drink.

Bobby: Go party. You definitely deserved it after what you did today.

He patted your shoulder and headed off to join some of the other students. You ended up looking over to Laura.

Venom: Don't you dare. Jussst walk away for once.

Y/N: You know I can't do that, Ven.

Venom: I know. I jussst wisssh you could.

You pushed yourself off the tree and walked over toward Laura. Lorna noticed and watched you.

Illyana: You think he's going to be successful?

Lorna: I'd sleep with him if he can finish a conversation with her without getting stabbed.

Illyana: If he can somehow get her to smile, I'll join in.

The two girls just laughed.

Like that would happen.

You made it to where Laura was sitting and you put on your best smile.

Y/N: Hey....

Laura: Fuck off.

Y/N: Nice to meet you, too. We haven't had a chance to talk yet.

Laura just sat there and watched the fire. You sighed and looked at the cup. You then held it out towards her.

Y/N: Want a drink?

Laura looked at it then at you.

Laura: Did you roofie it?

Y/N: How would I get a roof in a cup?

Laura looked at you unamused before she realized you were being serious. She slowly took the cup and took a sip. She then turned back to the fire.

Laura: Thank you.

You just nodded.

Y/N: No problem.

You rubbed the back of your neck for a moment.

Y/N: Hey, did I do something to make you mad at me?

Laura shook her head.

Laura: I just....I don't do well with people. Especially people like you.

You placed your hands in your pockets.

Y/N: People like me?

Laura: Your mom is Elise. Everyone knows who that is. Just like how everyone knows who my dad is.