I admit I am not the most positive one. I was more of a realistic person, which, looking at the state our lives were in, made me pessimistic a lot of times. Actually, I was pessimistic most of the time. Something however changed when we met Raiden. We didn't know him very well yet, but I could just see that Blaze was happy having someone else around, and I can't deny that I was too.

Raiden behaved like a big brother to Blaze, and she seemed to immediately accept that. I just didn't know what Raiden behaved to me yet, but for now, we were talking buddies, he said. It was nice of him for sticking around and worrying. It made me feel less pressure on my shoulders.

I shook my thoughts off and tried to focus on the conversation that Blaze and Raiden were having.

"My legs are killing me. If I could drive, this would be so much easier," Raiden complained. To add a dramatic effect, he raised his arms.

Blaze's hair that was tied up in a ponytail moved with every step she took. She was about to say something, but Raiden wasn't done with his complaints yet.

"I just wish we could get a car and drive away," Raiden sighed.

"Morgan knows how to drive a car," Blaze promptly said.

I froze up and Raiden immediately turned around.
"Really?"

"I've had lessons," I hesitantly admitted.

It was true. When we were still living with our grandma, she had given me lessons. She probably knew that there would be a point in my life where I needed this and she wouldn't be around anymore.

We never put it to practice, though. Since we were still in hiding, we couldn't actually drive a car, because people could see me. Instead, she just told me the theory. She described everything in the car. What it looked like, what it did and how I should use it. She would make me memorize it all. Since we survived on our own, I've only driven a car one time, when we were in a rush to get out of a small town. I only drove for about 10 minutes.

We never got a car after that again, because we would also have to steal one, which would give us unwanted attention. We never thought we could pull it off and we thought that the PSFs would be able to track the car via the license.

"Can you teach me?" Raiden asked.

I sighed.
"I barely know how to drive. I only know the theory."

"But you do know how to drive the car."

That's true, but I didn't feel like it. I never liked the idea of driving a car. It gave me too much control. If I messed up one thing, we could end up on the side of the road.

After not being answered, Raiden tried it a different way.
"What if we ever need to run? What if we are in danger and driving is the only way out? What if you are passed out in that case? Oh, and if you teach me, you will never have to walk whole marathons because I can drive you around. You only have to teach me, and then you never have to drive."

I ignored him and supressed the urge to correct him that you don't walk marathons.

"Pleeeaaaseee???"

I heard Blaze chuckle behind my back and turned around to face Raiden.
"What are you, five?"

He grinned. "Pretty close."