"That's fine, I'll go alone." Corpse nods, brushing his sweaty hands on the back of his jeans.

"Look at the back, near the trees." Meredith's voice cracks and tears start springing in her eyes.

Her hands dart to her glove compartment to pull out a cigarette box and a lighter. Corpse scrunches his eyebrows in disdain, but Meredith sighs.

"You've got Sykkuno. I haven't got a drug like that." She smiles tearily.

So Corpse half smiles and gets out of the car with Meredith. They both slam the doors shut. And while Meredith leans on her car to take a smoke, Corpse makes his way towards the back, near the trees, just as she instructed.

He finds it much quicker than he had expected to do. And his breathing gets harsher each step he takes. He finally decides to crumble down on his knees.

"Mum." He whispers, voice choked up.

He glances at the tombstone and the writings on it. He glances at the date and realises that it had been a little over a year since her death. He had no idea.

flowers shall wither, but your memory won't be forgotten.

Corpse wonders who wanted that line written on the tomb. He sits down on the grass cross legged. If he squints properly, he can see Meredith near the car the size of an ant.

"Um, I don't know what to say." Corpse mutters, gaze flickering between the tombstone and the space in front of it, where right below her body must lie.

"Should I say thank you for all the bad times? For leaving me broken for a lifetime? Or should I say I'm glad you're dead?" Corpse questions, hands absent mindedly picking at the grass near his feet. "Because I wouldn't mean those things. And what good will come lying to a dead person?

"Um, I guess I just wanted to get closure? I don't know how I'm going to get that since my idea of closure was always screaming in your face and leaving."

Corpse takes a deep breathe. He focuses on the rising sun instead of the grave now.

"I didn't get you any flowers. I didn't know of I should. Didn't seem necessary to me. Considering you didn't even like flowers. You threw that vase at my head, remember? Yeah."

He rubs his hands over his face and sighs.

"This is so cliché. I don't know what I'm supposed to say. I guess, I just wanted at least one time to just experience what it would be like if I was face to face with you, as an adult, when you no longer have any control over me whatsoever. I wanted you to know that I'm doing good now. That I'm happy. Around you, I'd always been miserable. But that's not what I'm like. I can be happy. I am happy. And I wanted to show you that. Not to rub it in your face, but because I wanted you to feel that guilt for not allowing me to feel this way when all along this way, I could be happy. It was because of you that your own child could not feel basic happiness. I wanted you to know that." He wipes away a tear from his eyes.

"But I'm never getting the chance to do that, am I? Why... why were you so mean to me? I really just want to know. What did I ever do so wrong to deserve the treatment you gave me?" He takes a deep breathe. "I have a boyfriend. He's the most wonderful person in this world. We're supposed to move in together pretty soon. He found us this... this beautiful apartment. We're going to have to get part time jobs to have to afford it in the long run, but it'll be worth it. We'll make do on the money that grandma left me. But yeah.

"I might have messed it up, though. He's... he's just gone. He wouldn't pick up my calls, or respond to my texts. Nothing. I'm afraid he won't come back to me, ever. Or maybe it's just my insecurities speaking. I don't know. I just don't want to lose him. But I feel like he wants nothing to do with me and-"

"I wouldn't jump to conclusions, Corpse." Meredith speaks from right behind him. She hands him his phone.

He opens it to see a text from Sykkuno.

Sy<3 : don't worry about me. i'll be home by evening. we'll talk then. get some sleep please

Corpse sighs and visibly relaxes at that. He gets up off the ground and dusts his pants. He looks at the tombstone one last time and walks away. Meredith asks for a few seconds and Corpse leaves her to it, getting back in the car, only one thing in mind.

He has to fix this.

:)

sorry for the excruciating wait after the cliffhanger lol

only 4 more updates and we're done :O

whole lotta love

xx r