20

"Ahoy!" Rae yells.

"Rae, that's what sailors say, we aren't going sailing!"

After a lot of chaos in their common group chat, the group of friends had decided to go on a beach since summer was approaching. It required quite a lot of planning, it turns out, since their group was so huge. They had decided to take 6 cars full of people. Sykkuno and Corpse were in the backseat, sharing the car with Rae, Toast, Peter, Leslie and Edison. Edison was driving the car with Leslie driving shotgun. All Rae wanted to do was play driving games and yell at strangers from the window. It was a miracle they hadn't gotten pulled over yet.

Sykkuno and Corpse were chilling and listening to songs that Corpse suggested with the same pair of wired earphones. Toast had gagged. They were also going through both of their Spotifys and making a collaborative playlist of songs that both of them enjoyed.

"Don't kill my vibe, bitch." Rae shouts.

"Yeah, Leslie, let her do what she wants." Corpse encourages.

He wouldn't admit it but he's really grown closer to these people. They're like family to him now. And he enjoys being in their company.

It's about in an hour that they reach the beach and everyone flees, not even waiting for the other cars full of their friends to arrive. As if ants colonising, they start laying down their picnic blankets and baskets and almost instantly start doing beach activities.

"I don't want to get sand in my shoes." Sykkuno says, nudging his foot with the other.

Corpse rolls his eyes fondly and then bends down in front of him. When he realises that Sykkuno must have his confused face on, he explains.

"Let me give you a piggyback ride."

Corpse grins when Sykkuno wraps his arms around his neck and jumps on his back without question. He grips his thighs and straightens up, walking towards the rest of their friends. He twirls causing himself to go dizzy and Sykkuno to scream. Both of them end up on Tina's blanket while waiting for their other friends to arrive. Almost as instantly as that happens, everyone splits into groups and start playing different kinds of games.

Fundy along with Dream, who was included into the group with warm hearts and was instantly one of them, initiate a beach volleyball match and the girls bring out their Uno cards. Michael somehow manages to multi task between the both.

Toast and Scarra are not too far off, shoving sand down each others' shirts.

When everyone has arrived, they all take a dunk in the sea and run as far away from Michael as they can when he suggests getting a taser to see what happens. Everyone is having loads of fun splashing around in the water. They all needed this break. It's been a while since they've all spent time with everyone and with the stress of the exams, it got a bit exhausting.

"Sykkuno, let's go build sand castles!" Comes an enthusiastic call from Toast.

Sykkuno follows him out the water, jeans soaked in water. They both settle on a blanket to avoid getting sand all on them, but that ends up happening anyway.

"So, any update?" Toast says, smoothing out the sand for the base of his castle.

"What do you mean?" Sykkuno asks.

"You know full well what I mean."

Sykkuno sighs. "No, Toast. No update."

"Elaborate." Toast says, going full into therapist mode.

"Like, he just won't say it back. Whenever I say it to him, he just looks at me longingly and like, um, I see gears turning in his head. But he won't say anything." He draws little smiley faces in the sand, leaving the duty of the castle entirely to Toast. "I may be unaware of most of the things usually, but I'm not an oblivious idiot, you know? I don't know how to say this without having to sound like an utter narcissistic moron and be like, I don't know, bragging or something, but I– I know he loves me."

Toast only nods, coaxing him to continue.

"And like, I don't want to force him into saying it and I want him to take his time. But I also just want him to admit it, you know? Like, I don't know what's going on in his brain. Is he having doubts about it? Does he not feel comfortable saying that he loves me? Is he actually okay with our relationship? Are we moving too fast? I have no way of knowing. I hope he has someone to talk about all of this. Cause he wouldn't talk to me about it."

"Sykkuno, I think you're not talking to Corpse as much as he is."

"What do you mean?" Sykkuno draws his eyebrows together.

"You're having all these doubts and you're not telling your boyfriend those." Toast shrugs. "It's a two way street."

Sykkuno turns his statement over in his head. It's true. He hates to admit it, but it's true. He could've talked to Corpse about feeling this way and not expecting him to magically peep inside his brain and know. Just like Corpse shouldn't expect him to know.

They're both in the same boat and all that.

"That's some good advice." Sykkuno nods. "What about you? Your love life's been dry."

"Ooh." Toast grins. "Nah, I got laid the other night."

"Wha–" Sykkuno wheezes.

"She was good. I got her number too." He laughs.

Sykkuno shakes his head and looks over at his boyfriend who is still in the water along with the few others. Him and Rae and yelling into each other's faces about something. He hears the word jellyfish being thrown around a couple times along with Michael's comments about turtles.

But he notices how Corpse's tough exterior from a couple months ago is slowly disappearing even around his friends. He's not as guarded as he used to be. And he's so glad that he found him. When Corpse catches him staring, Sykkuno send him a shy smile getting a flying kiss in return.

Turns out it was a mistake staring at Corpse for so long, because when he looks down at Toast's artwork, his castle is in the shape of a dick.

owa owa

thank u for 8k :3

IMPORTANT!!

I got an amazing idea for a new corpsekkuno fanfic, and I wanna write it. but I wanna know if I should post it as a one shot or like 4-5 chapters. cause it's going to be pretty small. so just let me know please (๑•﹏•)

comments and votes are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love xx r