Chapter Twelve

Perrie stared outside her window, not wanting to do anything for the rest of the day. She was sat on her bed while looking at the stormy weather outside. It was raining, as usual, and the climate matched with Perrie's mood today. Her mind was heavy with images of Megan floating around. For 2 years Perrie as lived off her own "forgive and forget" world. She forgave herself and forgot about the whole event. Seeing Megan reminded her that she was never forgiven and what she did was never forgotten. It is impressive how everything we do in life, always comes back to get us.

Perrie's mother knocked on her door lightly, expecting an answer from Perrie, but she couldn't bother. She couldn't talk anyway. Her mouth would open, but the knot inside her throat didn't allow any sound to come out. Perrie found out it would be better if she kept quiet. Her mother walked in anyway, and stood by the door, holding a tray with food. "Morning sweetie, I have gotten your breakfast." She said and Perrie turned her head towards her mother, and sighed. She felt exhausted and when her mother approached her bed and placed the tray on the bed, Perrie looked back at the window. The glass was foggy and there were rain drops stained on it.

"You came early from the party, you didn't have fun? What happened?" Her mother asked and Perrie looked down at the food. She grabbed a toast from the plate her mother had on the bed and but the edge off. Perrie chewed it slowly, while avoiding the eye contact with her mother. Her mother bit her bottom lip and watched Perrie eat the toast while staring at the window or what's on the outside. She didn't know what she could say to make Perrie feel better. "I will let you have your breakfast in peace."

Perrie's mother came out of the bedroom and she was met by Jonnie, who had his phone ready on his hand. "How is she doing?" Jonnie asked and Perrie's mother closed the door and walked down the stairs with Jonnie behind her. He didn't want to precipitate the situation but he knew already what could be happening to Perrie. He has seen it before, Perrie quiet and not wanting to do much after a whole year. It took time for her to get back up but it was a struggle when she was down most of the time. 

"She won't talk to me. I don't think I can handle this again." She explained and Jonnie started dialing on the phone, but his mother took it away. He wanted to fight for it, but his mother had a strong will and there was no way he would get his phone back. Not until she was ready to face reality and realize that Perrie needed help. Professional help and not the help that his family can't provide. 

"Your father is out of the country, alright? Grandma Riza is sick and he can't be getting a call from Perrie's psychologist about her current situation. She is his child and he will come back running, leaving Grandma Riza alone." Perrie mother explained and Jonnie understood, he really did, but he couldn't just ignore the fact that his sister was in her room, still and possibly emotionally damaged. 

"Mother, Perrie needs our help. She can't just stay in that room for the rest of her life. This could go on for days, weeks, months, years. If we don't do something now, then we better face the consequences. Her misfortune will lie on your hands, because you didn't want to do anything about this. Now give me back the phone." Jonnie told his mother, using his authoritarian voice, the one he used at the police station. He wanted his mother to understand that they had to stop the damage from happening. 

His mother gave him back the phone and Jonnie called Perrie's psychologist. It was about 10 minutes, when he knocked on their door and Perrie's mother went to open it. "Hi Debbie. Where is she?" He asked and she pointed towards upstairs. He nodded at her and shook Jonnie's hand before running upstairs. Jonnie just hoped Perrie was having a bad day. 

                                                              X-X-X

It was already night time and Zayn was looking for his phone, so he could call Perrie. Last night was a complete blur for him. After Perrie left running away, he got drunk and made out with different girls and Megan had to drive his car back to his house. It was dangerous, but she couldn't let him drive alone. Zayn arrived home and decided to take advantage of his drunkenness to finish his homework. After he was done with his Physics lass write up, he blacked out on his bed. This morning, he woke up with the picture of Perrie he took during Art class. 

He found his phone underneath his pillow and pressed on the #1. He had Perrie's phone on speed dial, and Zayn felt pathetic about it, but he knew that right now, in his life, she was the only person who he wanted to speak on the phone with. Zayn sat at his desk while the phone was ringing and opened his lap top and the first notification that popped up was an e-mail notification. He opened it and it was written by his English teacher. It read:

Zayn, 

I have received your e-mail about the essay you wrote concerning Miss Edwards, and I am pleased to learn you have grown fond of a girl and have found your Juliet. Although the essay contains words and detailed explanation of your encounter with her in your bedroom (fyi I didn't need to know that), I still found it ever so beautiful and deep. I would like to broadcast this essay at the English department bulletin board. Of course I will change names, but it would be nice that teenagers felt inspired by your profound love. 

Regard, 

Mr. Ellington

Zayn looked at the computer screen with the utmost confused face. "What the fuck did I send?" He asked himself and looked on the Sent folder to find what he wrote. Zayn opened the most recent e-mail and clicked on downloading the file that was attached. Zayn opened it on Word and his eyes scrolled to what he wrote. His eyes were glued onto the screen. It was impressive how long he talked about what he liked about Perrie. He scrolled down to the part where he described what he and Perrie did in his bedroom the other night. Zayn could feel his face burning red when he wrote how detailed that section was. Then he got to the last part where he wrote:

This is not a high school romance. I can see Perrie being my best friend, my girlfriend, my wife, my everything. I believe in us, and even if she doesn't, I will still be glad I am the last one to know so. We are going to end up together. I am hers and she is mine. No questions asked. 

Zayn grabbed his coat and ran out of his room. He couldn't just read that and be away from Perrie. He walked out of his house and entered his car. He drove over to Perrie's house. He wanted to make up with her and tell her how much she means to him. Zayn has fallen in love for the first time and he couldn't make Perrie the one that got away. She will be the one that got to stay.