Chapter 6

I finished my coffee and left. I was puzzled by how easily I had a conversation with him. I still can not make sense of the situation. Then I remembered that I gave him my number. I started to freak out. What if he calls me soon? Is he going to call me ever? What am I going to do?

When I got back to my apartment I decided it would be best to go practice for a while to get my mind off it. I threw on athletic shorts and grabbed my cleats. When I got to the field I checked my phone. Nothing yet. I threw it into my bag and grabbed my ball and a few cones. I warmed up, did some stretches and ran through a few drills I could do by myself. The whole time not once did the situation with Brayden cross my mind. I was just focused on soccer. It's what I really cared about. It's what got me through ruff times in my life. It's was my passion. I could play soccer anytime at any given moment. So right now that's all that mattered. My dream was to be able to play with the U.S. Women's team. I loved watching them play.

On the other hand I still really love hockey. Even though I couldn't really play it, I still could never get enough of it. It's how I bonded with my father growing up. We used to go to games together and shout at the tv together. Everything hockey was mine and my dad's thing. It wasn't till I got older that I got serious about soccer. My mom played it and really help me to improve my skills. She taught me how to read the ball, and where I should be on the field at all times. She was one of those parents you hear screaming for their child during games. Whenever I heard someone scream I knew it was her. Yup that's my mom.

I finished practicing after 2 hours. I wanted to try my best to get better and if it took 2 hours of practice then that's what I was going to do. I grabbed my bag and headed to my Jeep. My Jeep was my baby. Ever since I got my permit all I ever wanted was a bright orange Jeep Wrangler and now I've got one. On my way to the parking lot I checked my phone to see that I had a voicemail and text messages from an unknown number. I hopped into my Jeep and listened to the voice mail.

"Hey beautiful coffee shop girl. haha it's Brayden if you didn't know. I was wondering if you wanted to go out for lunch or something this week. Preferably when I don't have a game. Anyway just let me know. See ya".

I read through the texts.

"The guys said they would love to meet you so I'll bring you to one of our practices some time."

"Coots says hi and asked if you had a pretty friend"

I giggled to myself. I'm going to have to set Erin up with Coots.

I drove home and got a quick shower. I decided to just make it movie night and texted Erin to see if she wanted to stay over.

"Movie night! Wanna stay over? Have lots to tell u!!!!"

"I'll be over soon!! Sounds like fun can't wait to hear the lots u have to say hahah!"

I popped some popcorn and picked out a few movies we could watch and waited for Erin to get here.