BALL

y'all my arm is so sore from my hpv shot yesterday- but it's ok bc my band aid is my little pony 🤝
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
I hesitantly walked towards Snape's classroom. I didn't want to face Mattheo, but I knew I had to.

I sat awkwardly next to him, and opened my book. "Hi." He said, "Hello." "Let's start with page 573." "Okay." I didn't care for conversation. Make me less dumb and let me leave. He read the page to me, and I scribbling notes down. He was in the middle of a page when he stopped mid-sentence. "Y/n, are you mad at me?" "Are you serious? Of course I am."

"Why? I didn't cheat on you." "No you didn't, but you were 'so sad' 'so depressed' because Astoria practically cheated on you. You knew it would hurt Draco, yet you still did it." "I WAS sad, and Astoria was lonely! It made sense! I was hurting Y/n!" "Don't you dare play the victim here. You're a filthy hypocrite."

"You know what- I don't think these tutoring sessions will work anymore." "I agree." "Goodbye Y/n." "Bye."

He stormed out of the classroom, I packed my things furiously and headed to the common room. I'm not going to dinner tonight, especially if he's going to be there. I stomped inside, "Woah Y/n, what's wrong?" "Mattheo's wrong. That's it." Draco stopped me, and pulled me towards a couch, cradling me next to him. "What did he do?" His eyebrows furrowed. "He's making it seem like he's innocent! He hurt you intentionally and he's the one who's hurt? It's so stupid Draco."

"I know, it is. It's okay. Don't worry about them, focus on yourself...and us." He winked down at me, and I hugged him close. "Thank you."  "Of course darling."

<>

TIME JUMP: ONE DAY UNTIL YULE BALL

Tomorrow's the ball, and I'm completely unprepared. I didn't have a dress, shoes, literally nothing. I was planning on shopping with Astoria, but we aren't on the best terms. So, I went by myself.

I looked at many types of dresses, long, short, bright, dark, straps, no straps, you name it. I picked out my top three favorites.

The first option was a black spaghetti strap dress, with a slit at the front. It looked stunning on me, complimenting my hair, it was gorgeous.

The second dress was a dark red color, it was pretty similar to the first dress, except the top wasn't as v-cut. This one was amazing.

The last one was the same dress as the first but in yellow. It looked great, I loved them all, it was a hard choice, but ultimately, I went with the yellow dress. It was beautiful, and I felt like a princess in it.

I bought it at the register, and went back to Hogwarts. I matched the dress with silver heels, with gems all over. I paired the whole outfit with a simple necklace. I hung up my dress and showered.

I hoped tomorrow would be sort of a fresh start. I returned from break with already a bad experience, tomorrow could be my turn around.

My eyes shut, and I fell asleep, a magical feeling bubbling in my stomach.

<>

The next morning, I woke up happily. I got dressed in leggings and a hoodie, just for breakfast. I went downstairs and met Draco and Blaise in the common room. "Hey Y/n, ready for tonight?" Blaise asked. "Duh! I'm so excited. How about you?" "I'm ecstatic, mainly since you two are going together, but overall I can't wait." I laughed, and so did Draco. "Who're you going with Blaise?" He asked.