Special Chapter - The Face of An Angel

Start from the beginning

But it seems I was wrong. She never came back.

Why? Why does all the shitty things happen to me? Being hated by my father, losing my mother and even losing myself.

But then I felt strong pairs of arms embrace me. I didnt know who it was nor did I care. I just wanted whoever it was to hold me.

I wanted someone who could wake me up from this dream. I cried not caring about the time passing by. I needed it.

Then suddenly everything came back. I remembered that fight. Aynaokoujis betrayal.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My eyes snapped open; it took a moment to adjust to the light. I looked at the room. I was in the infirmary. I then realized that someone was embracing me. It was Ayanokouji.

I pushed him away from me. That damn idiot.

"What the hell were you doing you pervert." I asked in anger.

He got up from where he had fallen. He shrugged and said, It looked like you were having a nightmare so I thought embracing you might help.

"And who told you I needed comfort?" I yelled at him with an irk mark on my head. This damn pervert, does he not realize that he is the reason Im in this shit hole.

He said nothing but touched my cheeks. Then I realized there were tears on my eyes.

"Your tears told me otherwise." He said as he gently wiped my cheeks with his hand.

"Th..that.." I stuttered not knowing what to say.

I heard him sigh as he sat on the chair next to me. He closed his eyes and said,

"You have PTSD don't you?"

I looked down not knowing how to reply.

"You know ibuki, I can understand you to some extent. How it feels to be betrayed by someone."

As he said those words I looked at him. For the first time I saw him with an emotion. But I couldnt understand what that emotion was. But I knew it wasnt his usual monotonous expression.

"My mother abandoned me the day I was born. I too had a cruel father just like you."

As he said those words my eyes widened.

"I never knew what love was my entire life. So, I never knew what losing something actually felt. Because I wasnt attached to anything I didnt have anything to lose."

As he continued, I felt stupid. I was an idiot. He had gone through much worse than me. Yet I kept moping. About how bad my life was.

"But ibuki, I always had a hope. A hope that one day I will be free. Free to explore this world. Maybe search for that mother who left me and forgive her. And finally, be happy for once."

His words left a hole in my heart.

He turned towards me, "So Ibuki, cherish what you have right now. The past is something which you cant change. But the past has made you what you are today. It has given you strength to carve your own future. So Ibuki, dont just give up. Because you are not alone."

As he said those words my eyes widened.

"I dont know about the future, but I will be there for you this three years. To wipe all your tears just like today. So be yourself. And know one thing, even if I betrayed you today. I would never judge you."

Then I realized. All this time, I only wanted one thing. Even after my mother passed away, I wanted to be acknowledged by him. I was so fixed on my past that I couldnt see anything else.

In the race of getting acknowledged by everyone, I forgot to acknowledge myself.

I looked at Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

Ayanokouji, thanks for showing me how naïve I was. Next time we both meet; I will make sure we are on equal grounds. I will become someone whom you can rely on.

In the next three years, I will be the one to save you from your darkness, just like you saved me.

Thank you, Ayanokouji Kun for staying by my side.

——————————————————————————-————————————————————————————————————————————-

(A.N. There was a typo on the chapters. Apparently there were no punctuation marks. So I have edited it.)