" Who's.. 'her'? I.. can hear.. footsteps.."

And that's when the realization hit him. He was being dragged at the surface of the building harshly by the mad ghoul, Takizawa. Sasaki went up and down, up and down and he slowly started to go pale. His eyes looked almost dead and his body wasn't active like how a CCG officer would be.

" Chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga, chugga-chugga.." Takizawa continued to say some random words before he leaped, " We've arrived, and.. you're outbound!"

Haise was thrown by the ghoul by such force from the sky to the auditorium and landed on the stage violently that caused smoke to surround him. Takizawa landed properly at the stage and went up to him, still with that insane smile that was plastered on his face ever since the beginning.

" Such a nice stage, huh? Should we put on a play? Your lines will be... Let's see.. ' I don't want to die' and ' On second thought, I do'."

" Where the hell is Takizawa, darn it

" Where the hell is Takizawa, darn it...!" ( Y/n ) cursed before she opened a bathroom door to only reveal two dead bodies of the CCG officer. They looked like they didn't have a nice death, and she came to a conclusion that her mad comrade was involved in this, " Fuck you, Eto. You're making me a babysitter now."

She continued to run around the whole building without slowing down and strange feelings started to surround her. She hated a comrade of hers, she wanted to protect a CCG officer, she wanted to kill a ghoul, which in this case was Takizawa and she just wanted to drop out because she was tired of fighting. It felt she was walking in an empty void, with no one there to drag her out. To begin with, she actually had no one to rely on, no- it's more like she chose not to have someone to trust.

Few minutes have passed and there wasn't a single trace she could follow that could've led her to the madman. Out of nowhere, grunts and screams of nowhere were suddenly heard by everyone outside the building.

" Was that.. Kaneki?" ( Y/n ) widened her eyes in fear and trepidation before she furrowed her eyebrows and continued to sprint to find him.

' Where could that possibly come from? Think, ( Y/n ). Think! Think! Think! Think, you fool, thi-' the ( h/c ) finally found the answer that she has been thinking for a while and because of that, she softened her eyes, ' Of course, the stage.'

***

" After all that screaming, still no backup. You poor thing. I feel for you," Takizawa said as he continued to stare at Haise, who was lying on the floor with stains of blood on his pale face, " That's just the way things are with the place where you work. They use you however they like, then throw you away like garbage. You're an empty shell. Sausage that they forgot to stuff the meat into. A person with no reason to exist. At least give me some meaning."