nine [ final ]

"san- for the last time please, stay still!" seonghwa said as he hit san's arm lightly to give him a warning.

"okay, sorry..."

"I know you're nervous and all but at least just stay still and let's finish this quickly or else you'll be late" hongjoong advised as he went to check on the others.

"okay..."

right now, seonghwa was doing san's hair to make it look as great as possible. the others? they're trying to find a suitable outfit for him to wear and were making sure that the outfit will look just nice and not too much.

the reason?

of course to meet you and ask you out.

san don't want to messed up again like last time, so he made a plan with his friends.

and just hope for the best so he wouldn't miss this chance again.

"hyung, look at this!" jongho went to the room that san was in and showed him the outfit he and his brothers had chosen.

"I already chose my outfit though..." san looked at the younger and jongho shook his head.

"have you seen what you chose? that outfit, yeah, y/n's not gonna likes it. c'mon, I know her. wear this, and i'm 100% sure she won't stop staring at you and then she will says 'oh san, you look so handsome today!'. trust me"

jongho nodded his head proudly and wooyoung pushed him, making jongho almost tripped on the floor. in the split of second, jongho was already chasing wooyoung down the stairs, and there's hongjoong, who was scolding them.

then, yeosang came into the room while holding his phone and leaned against the door.

"I called y/n just now. she said, in about an hour, her shift will end, so... yeah. hurry up"

"shit. okay, thanks yeo" san rushed out from the room as he grabbed the clothes that jongho and the others had picked for him.

"make sure not to ruin your hair!" seonghwa shouted and yeosang frowned at the older.

"what the- you should do his hair after he has done wearing his clothes and all, bro"

seonghwa looked at yeosang, confused for a while at his words before finally understanding him.

"well, we were in a hurry, so yeah"

"here you go, sir" the florist handed san a bouquet of flowers as san took it, thanking her after.

"okay, I'm totally nervous right now" san said as he looked over to his friends. his hand that was holding the flowers was shaking, and seonghwa held it as he patted san's back.

"don't worry, san. she-"

"she's gonna accept you, trust me" yeosang said while his eyes were still glued to his phone not even sparing a glance to him.

"thank you, guys. I mean, without you, I won't be as confident as I am now. it's all thanks to you" san's eyes got teary and seonghwa quickly wiped the tears with his sleeves.

"no problem, san. we have been friends since we enter high school. this is nothing" hongjoong said, smiling at the younger ones who are too emotional.

"guys, she's coming!" yunho ran towards their direction and told the others to quickly hide. seonghwa being the mother of the group, gave san some advices and even tried to fix his hair and clothes until he saw your figure as he went to hide with the others.

"san!" you waved as you ran towards him, giving him a hug.

"why did you want to meet here? I mean, we still meet each other at home though"

"I have something to tell you?" he said, unsure of himself as you shook your head, smiling.

"what is it?"

"but before that, I want to ask you something" he said placing his hands behind his back. you nodded, allowing him to continue talking.

"long or short?"

"short...?"

"fluttering or cheesy?"

"fluttering, I guess? san, why are you asking me these things?"

"okay, here we go" he took a deep breath and started to talk.

"y/n, my best friend and my cutest friend, I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you from all the guy that doesn't deserve you at all before. I was too afraid to lose you as soon as I tell you this. I'm a coward, and I wasn't confident back then. but now, I have them and finally, I'm able to tell you this"

with that san turned and shouted,

"guys!"

yunho and mingi showed themselves, their hands holding a banner while the others following them suit.

you looked up to the banner and smiled when you saw what was written on it.

'will you be my girlfriend?'

you looked back to san, your eyes met his, as he kept the eye contact between you two.

not wanting to wait any longer, he kneeled in front of you, as he took your hand in his, his other hand still holding the flowers.

"my sweet lovely y/n, we've been through so many things and we've made so many memories together, and they made our relationship as strong as ever. and I promise, to protect you till the day I die. so, will you allow me to change the term friends to lovers?"

he looked at you, his eyes never leaving yours as he waited for your answer.

"c'mon, y/n, accept him" yunho said from behind as the others nodded, agreeing with him.

you smiled, nodding right after, signalling that you agreed to be his girlfriend.

the others were cheering as san got up and engulfed you in a tight hug, showing you how happy he got from your answer.

"san's taken already. now, I gotta stop goofing around with him or else y/n will hit me" wooyoung wiped his fake tear dramatically as you rolled your eyes, making the others laughed.

san let you go and looked into your eyes as you did the same. he cupped your cheeks, leaning closer to your lips until suddenly he stops, making you confused.

"can I?" he asked as you giggled before mouthing a "yes".

he leaned in, closing the gap between your lips, as he kissed you passionately.

the others made a disgusted face as they pretend to throw up.

he broke the kiss, leaning his forehead against yours.

"at least now, I don't have to pretend like I accidentally kissed you" he chuckled as you hit his chest.

"okay, I get it you lovebirds, but I'm extremely hungry right now. so, can we go eat now?" hongjoong said as he pulled seonghwa with him and went to find the nearest restaurant.

"just say you're jealous" san shouted and laughed at hongjoong as the others joined him after.

"whatever. come on, hurry!" he gestured the others to follow him and seonghwa.

san held your hands as both you and him walked behind the others.

"you don't know how happy I am, y/n" he couldn't stop smiling as you pinched his cheeks.

"and you don't know how lucky I am to have an amazing boyfriend like choi san"

san chuckled at your words as you giggled.

san still can't believe,

that his best friend that he had fallen in love for a long time,

is now his girlfriend.

and he promise to himself that he would make you the happiest woman in the world and he will sacrifice himself in any way, in order to protect you.

all because he loves you.

~ the end ~