New Mission

I got word from Zetsu that Pain and Konan want to see me after the extraction process and my mind wanders. What could it possibly be? Did Zetsu tell them about Tobi and me? Is it something to do with Tobi showing me his identity? My unfocused mind caused me to lose focus during the beast extraction process, which caused me to receive dirty glares from Pain and Kisame, who was working hard to focus their chakra. 

After the extraction of the tailed beast is done, I was called in for a meeting with Pain and Konan, who said it was urgent. Of course, this was expected. I showcased no signs of panic nor did I looked stressed. It is nerve-wracking but I figured Tobi wasn't the topic of this private meeting.  "Deidara.." Pain called out after the extraction was over. I nodded, gesturing that I understood him. 

"Deidara is in trouble..." Hidan said teasingly, ticking me off. "Hidan..." Kakuzu said, his eyes glaring down on him, who is now annoyed at the stitched skin man is trying to tame him and his wild demenor. 

"Good job everyone.." Konan commented, smiling. "It's nice to have someone acknowledge our work Konan," Kakuzu said, his voice low as he nodded towards Konan, whose smile has now faded. "We'll head out first" Kisame announced as him and Itachi went off.  As all the members slowly left, Pain transported me, Konan and him into another dimension, mentally of course.

"Deidara.." he started...

"We got word about Sasuke Uchiha, Itachi's brother who has just murdered Orochimaru, he's coming to look for Itachi...I got word that he's been holding a grudge against Itachi for a long time now..his mind set on killing his older brother" he said, his eyes serious as if trusting me with this information. "Since you are the only one with flight capabilities and you're a far range fighter, I want you to look out for Itachi's younger brother..making sure he doesn't kill Itachi" he continued...

"The death of more Akatsuki members will make us lack in the workforce and we would be seen as weak, I don't want anyone else knowing about this; This isn't a mission, just a request from us since you're best suited" Konan added, making a good point.

I looked at the two, knowing that it takes a lot for them to assign a mission to people, let alone depend on someone to take care of another Akatsuki member. Pain and Konan would never assign a mission if they know that the individual does not have the potential to go on with it, I am of course the youngest Akatsuki member, of course, this is based on assumption as Tobi looks much older than me. I take it as if they finally acknowledge that my art is one of the biggest blessings to the Akatsuki. I nodded understandingly.

"That is all Deidara.."

Pain and Konan left, as I snapped back into my body.

This isn't a mission, just a request.

I reminded myself, as I got off the Gedo statue. I noticed Zetsu looking at me from above based on my senses, I called him out without looking.

"Zetsu..spying on me?"

"Don't say it like I'm such a creep...Deidara.." he said, now appearing before my very eyes. I turned to face Zetsu, who recently have been saying a lot more than his other half, Black Zetsu. "Hidan and Kakuzu left, their next mission is to get more information about the 6 tails who is a rogue ninja... it's difficult to find that kind...Itachi and Kisame are here, they're moving out on a new mission tomorrow..." Zetsu explained, his face expressionless.

"I and Tobi have to move out tomorrow too...I received a new mission..." I said to Zetsu, who now is nodding and seems like he has something to tell me.

"Oh yes, we're switching hideouts.." he informed me, "the west hideout is where you will be bringing in your next tailed beast.."

I nodded understandingly, it's surprising how Zetsu hasn't said anything about me and Tobi's eventful night. Maybe it was just our luck that he wasn't around our room at the time.

"Well, I'm going to work on my art.." I said to Zetsu, he nodded approvingly as I walked towards my room.

Approaching my room, my thoughts begin to wander about Itachi's younger brother, who is attempting to murder him. All that I know of is that Itachi killed his entire clan, slaughtering them to death. Did he leave his brother by mistake? was it because he couldn't kill his younger brother?

I walked into my room and to my surprise, Itachi was in there. He sat on my bed, his hands on his thighs as he leans forward, legs spread. He looked up to me as soon as he heard the door swing open, he looks unamused, as usual.

"Itachi.." I said as I walked towards the table, pushing away my clay material as I planned to make more later.

"I need to talk to you," he said, his voice serious and low. I sat beside him, facing the door.

"Deidara... it's about Tobi and I think you know why I'm here"

"What do you mean.." I asked, trying to sound like I don't know what he meant. I know exactly what he meant, he found out, about Tobi and me. But if Itachi tries anything funny, I will for sure fight him. Here and now. I looked over at my clay in my bag, which is in reaching distance for me if anything happens, you can't trust Itachi so much especially for him to somehow "be nice to sit down and talk" with you.

"It's about his identity.." he continued, looking at me with his cold eyes. So it is Tobi, but for a different reason.

"I don't know who is hiding behind the mask, Itachi.." I said, knowing that I have to keep Obito's identity a secret. Itachi seems unconvinced but he also looked like he wasn't trying to pick up a fight, it's just that he doesn't believe me, either it's a question of age (since I am younger than him) or he thinks I'm untrustworthy, that I don't know.

"If you do find out let me know instantly," he said as he stood up and walked towards the door, when he got to the front of the door, his hand reaches for the knob and he freezes. He slowly turns, I could see his Sharingan now on full display.

"If you lie, I'll kill you," Itachi said, his eyes still as cold as ever.

I rolled my eyes, this is how it is if you're in a group of villains, threats of death and anger issues. It's plain dumb to think the Akatsuki is otherwise. Although I do admit at times it can get pretty fun in here.

Itachi walked off and I lay on my bed, thoughts of Obito's identity filled my mind. Obito looks older than Itachi, but if so why aren't they from the same village? Aren't all Uchihas there? was he somehow safe from Itachi's massacre? Also...I've never seen Obito wear a ninja headband. Is he a rogue ninja that prefers to keep his past off his record? I still have so many questions for this man who claims he loves me.

I have to ask him questions, I have to understand and know him.

There are so many secrets that lay here for me to uncover, I wonder if Obito will open up easily. I thought as looked at my ninja headband, maybe if I open up to him first I can manipulate him to open up a little bit after.

"Deidara?" a familiar deep voice said, I look up the door to see Obito entering, going through the door.

"You can pass through anything huh?" I commented, sounding pretty impressed.

He took off his mask and smiled at me as if relieved to finally breathe around me without that mask on. "I heard from Zetsu that we have a new mission tomorrow.." he said, looking at me.

"Yeah, it's a different one. We're not going for a tailed beast"

"Then what are we catching?"

"It's more like looking out for an Akatsuki member, you'll see tomorrow.." I said, giving him a small smile.