July 1996 - Warning Mature Scenes

During Lucy's first week home from school, the summer heat in England spiked. It was almost hotter than the year before and Lucy spent the few days indoors. She sent Astro off with a letter to Tina inviting her over to the Parcivall Manor at the end of the month.

"What are you doing?" Draco called out behind her.

"Oh, you scared me." She said, closing her bedroom window. "I just sent Astro off with a letter to Tina. What are you doing?" She asked him. He was leaning against her doorframe with his arms crossed against his body.

"I came to see you." He said, watching her as she grabbed her glass from her bedside table and walked over to him.

She was bare foot and in a white summer dress and her hair hung down her back in waves. Draco dressed in chino shorts, a black polo and vans, Lucy thought he looked quite normal, in a good way.

"What's going on?" She asked as he followed her downstairs into the kitchen.

"It's been a couple weeks since my father was imprisoned in Azkaban, but something's going on, my mother won't tell me yet what it is, but I have a feeling I'm not going to like it." He said finally.

Lucy looked up to him and asked, "well why would you do something you don't like in the first place?" Draco had been relatively quiet about Lucius being taken to Azkaban at the end of the school year, but Lucy knew he was completely devastated.

"It's not that simple." He answered, shrugging.

"Why not?" Lucy asked him as she frowned and refilled her glass with water before she took a sip.

"You asked me once before if I would ever become a Death Eater, right?" He began.

Lucy's expression dropped. "What's that got to do with anything?" She quickly asked.

"When you asked me, I told you I would do just about anything for my family. And if it comes down to that, I would." He quietly spoke.

"That doesn't mean you need to become a Death Eater!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Shh, keep your voice down." He snapped quietly. Lucy left her glass on the kitchen bench and grabbed Draco's hand. She led him back upstairs to her room. When they got inside, she shut the door behind him.

"You need to tell me what's going on, right now." She demanded as she crossed her arms over her body.

"I told you, I don't know what's going on. All I know is that The Dark Lord has requested to use our Manor as a go-to place for a while. Honestly, that's all I know." He said, sitting down on her bed and resting his hands in his lap. Lucy followed him and sat next to him; their thighs touched.

"Promise me that no matter what happens you won't change who you are." Lucy whispered after a while.

Draco turned his gaze to meet hers and looked into her eyes. He could sense the fear that emitted from her for him and he grabbed her hand in his, holding onto it as if his life depended on it. The two of them leant back on Lucy's bed and stared up at her ceiling fan.

"I won't promise you that, but I will promise that no matter what happens, I will do everything in my power to keep you safe." He finally whispered back.

Lucy gasped for air at his words and a single tear rolled down her cheek. She knew something terrible was on its way, but she had no clue of the extent of it just yet.

Draco and Lucy talked for hours after that, about school and about Tina and Crabbe and Goyle and everything in between.