"You collapsed. Logan came in and found you. He said you were terrified of something." Peter told me, looking at me softly,  his hand brushed my hair back from my forehead. "The Professor made sure that you hadn't been affected by what they did to remove the blocks."

"Something is wrong with me. I can hear his voice in my head." I said starting to cry. "Thanos...my father,  he was in my head. He told me that I could not hide, that he would find me."

Peter pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly against his chest, I felt his hand in my hair. "Nothing is wrong with you, Vele. I promise there is nothing wrong with you. I promise."

"Then why is he in my head? Why can I hear him?" I asked, gripping onto Peter's shirt.

Peter stayed silent. "I don't know why." He answered with a jagged breath that followed. "I don't have any answers for you. I wish I did. But there is nothing wrong with you, I swear it by the billions of stars in the universe that you are fine. "

"I'm pretty sure there are more than a few billion stars in the universe, Peter." I said, feeling the need to correct him.

Peter chuckled. "I'm betting you're right."

We were both quiet for a moment, then I spoke up.

"When he finds me-"

"If he finds you, not when." Peter corrected.

"If he finds me, what do you think he'll do to me, Peter? What will happen to you and everyone else?"

"I'm not sure." Peter went quiet. "But we'll cross that bridge if it happens."

Peter sat beside me by the windows, his arm around my shoulders, keeping me close. The doors open to let the night air into the room to cool me off. I had my eyes closed, listening to the insects that chirped and sang softly. I could not stop sweating, I just felt far too hot, but the breeze did help a little.

"I wish I could take you down to the lake to cool off. But I'm sure the Professor would have my head." Peter said. "You certainly look like you could use a good cool down."

"The lake? Where Hank cut me open and pulled out whatever it was?" I asked, opening my eyes, glancing out towards the garden. The glow from my eyes cause everything to look a bit pinkish with the light.

"Yeah. Same place." Peter said, I felt his lips press to my temple.

"Let's do it." I said, moving to stand. 

"Really?" Peter quickly stood and helped me up to my feet. 

"What else do we have to lose?" I asked him, turning to look up at him.

"Okay then." Peter shrugged his shoulders, then he suddenly swooped me up into his arms. It wasn't too much of a surprise, considering I felt a little weak and tired, so I just let him.

Peter carried me out the doors and across the lawn slowly and silently.

When we reached the edge of the lake I told Peter to set me down. I held onto his arm as I stood there and looked out over the water. The moon was high, full and white. Peter had told me about it while he was calming me down earlier. He told me that every year it was moving away from the Earth, because the Earth was getting too crowded and unhealthy and the moon wanted it's space and to remain clean. Though I hardly could believe the story, it was something you would hear a father tell their child, or a mother sing to their baby.

I let Peter go and stepped into the water, it was cold, almost chilling to my skin but it was perfect and felt wonderful. I walked deeper, until it went up to my chest.  I turned around and Peter was removing his shirt and pants. He looked at me and then walked into the water,