47 One Eevee, Two Eevee, Red Eevee, Blue Eevee

Start from the beginning

Vaporeon wagged her tail and shot a gentle spout of water into the air.

"Water Gun?"

"Looks like she's fine with it." Her two boys and Pikachu danced underneath the sprinkling water; Vulpix shied away from the water, so I reached out to cover her head. "And so are they."

Silver came over to Vaporeon and nuzzled his cheek against hers, not a care in the world that his mate stood two feet taller than him now. She purred and wrapped her tail around him.

My heart melted into a pile of goo. "You two are too cute!"

"Get a room," grumbled Paul, before getting hit in the face by Silver's Hidden Power.

I turned to Eevee nestled in my lap. "Feeling a little better yet?" She nodded. She had dried off completely, but she insisted on staying in a tight bundle in my arms. "Heehee, okay. We can snuggle just for a little bit."

The other two Eevee babies got jealous and tried climbing into my lap.

"Hey, give your sister some space. She's half-drowned, for pete's sake."

"You're asking the most energetic of the bunch to calm down?" snickered Paul.

Luxio came over and checked on Eevee himself.

"Aw. Is someone worried?"

He threatened me with Shock Wave if I didn't stop teasing him.

Eevee smiled and thanked Luxio for his concern, making him blush a little. She jumped down from my lap to talk with him more. Soon, they both were grinning from ear-to-ear and wagging their tails.

I couldn't help myself. "Oh, they're so cute, aren't they? My little Luxio is so hopefully in lo—" Luxio crashed into my gut with Spark, and with a hilariously beet-red face. "Alright, alright, I surrender."

"Yep. That's Girlie through and through," said Paul.

"Who asked you?! And don't call me that!"

"Hey! Excuse me!"

A man raced over to us on his bike. He had dark-blue hair styled to look like fins.

"Are you guys alright? I heard some shouting."

"Oh. We're fine," answered Paul. "A little water incident, but we're good now."

"That's a relief. This river's current is really dangerous, so we're always looking out for any people or Pokémon who happen to get caught in it." He nodded to the Pokémon at his side: another Vaporeon! "This guy is the best at water rescues."

"Another Vaporeon?"

"Wow. Two Vaporeon in one day is a sign of good luck, no doubt."

The guy turned his head to acknowledge our group of Pokémon, eyes widening at the four Eevee and one Vaporeon. "You guys sure have a lot of Eevee with you. That means you're decent Pokémon Trainers, I imagine."

"That's right," answered Paul.

"A little modesty couldn't hurt," I mumbled.

He ignored me. "We're on our way to Stone Town and stopped for a fishing break."

"Stone Town, huh? I live there, so I'd be happy to lead you the rest of the way."

"Really? That's so nice of you! Thanks!"

"Don't sweat it. My name's Rainer, by the way."

I rose to my feet with Eevee in my arms again. "My name's Rosa."