47 One Eevee, Two Eevee, Red Eevee, Blue Eevee

Start from the beginning

"Ah, Eevee!!"

Paul ran over to us. "What's wrong?"

"Eevee fell into the water over there. The current's pulling her away, fast."

"Damn, there's no way we can swim in that. Only a Water-type can."

"On it. Wartortle's the fastest—"

Before my hand could secure a Poké Ball, Mama Eevee dashed past us, took a mighty leap, and, like an Olympic diver, plunged headfirst into the water. She resurfaced quickly. Then, she paddled over to her baby, who she secured by biting down on her scruff.

However, the return journey proved to be difficult. Mama Eevee lacked the strength to hold onto the little Eevee and fight the current at the same time. It would easily overpower her in minutes if we didn't do anything, and the river ended in a waterfall.

Thus, Mama Eevee created a plan. A desperate one, but necessary.

She called out to Paul.

"Huh? Are you sure?!" he called back. "Does she even have one?"

She roared at him to hurry up.

"Right! Sorry about this, Rosa."

"Sorry about what..." I froze as he grabbed my shoulder with one hand and searched my bag with the other, which was still secured to my back. "H-Hey, what the hell do you think you're doing?! Get out of there!"

"Shut up. I'm looking for something...Aha!" He plucked a blue stone from the bag.

My eyes widened. "That's a...!"

"Okay, Eevee! Here you go!" He ran forward and chucked the stone as far as he could manage. "Catch it!"

Clutching her baby, Mama Eevee used Iron Tail to spring out of the water, lifting them high enough to meet the stone. She secured it in her mouth, and she instantly started to glow, though we couldn't see anything once the pair fell back underwater.

"Eevee!" Paul and I shouted.

Silver tried going out himself, but I stopped him.

"No, you'll just get dragged under, too! Let me send out Wartortle to help—"

"Wait, we won't need him. Look!"

A glowing figure could be seen underwater. Then, the light vanished.

Suddenly, a jet of water shot out of the river. Our Pokémon launched from it, landing on the nearby dirt. Eevee was set on the ground, and she coughed and sputtered as she pushed all the water out of her system.

"Eevee!" I snatched a towel from my bag and brought her into my lap. "There, there, there. You're alright. Let's dry you off."

"Good job," Paul marveled at his newly-evolved Pokémon, "Vaporeon."

She blinked at him once before coming over and pressing her forehead against Eevee.

"Vaporeon?" I repeated, completely in awe.

We were both stunned by the beautiful creature before us.

I had Dex provide her information: "Vaporeon the Bubble Jet Pokémon, and an evolved form of Eevee. Its cell structure is similar to water molecules. It will melt away and become invisible in water. When Vaporeon's fins begin to vibrate, it is a sign that rain will come within a few hours."

"Wow. You evolved just to save her. That was actually pretty cool of you." Everyone glared at Paul for the terrible joke, accidental or not. "Uh, no pun intended, of course. How do you feel?"