A voice cut into my thoughts.

"How do you feel about Italian?"

"Sounds good." Frick. Pasta is one of my favorite foods, but I had to make sure not to order spaghetti or some other similar pasta. There was no way I could eat that in a socially acceptable way.

He started the car and pulled into the main road. I admired the large gold rings on his fingers resting on the steering wheel just like yesterday.

"How was your morning?" I played with the ring I always wore on my finger. He gave a lopsided smile, amusement ingrained in the slight squint of his eyes and the tapping of his thumbs on the steering wheel.

"It was alright. I woke up this morning to work out before breakfast and then started reading up on a case. Now, I'm here with you." He focused on taking a U-turn, maneuvering with one hand. He sat back in his seat like a king on his throne.

"What kind of lawyer are you?"

"Corporate. I actually took over my dad's firm since he's retired." I had wondered how he already had his own practice. He would have only graduated from law school a year or two ago but having his dad mentor him would have sped things along. We settled into a comfortable silence as I gazed out the window. He rested his hand on my thigh. By now I was used to his habit of constant physical contact. Soon, he pulled into the valet for the restaurant. He handed the keys over to the attendant as he helped me out of the car.

Stepping into the restaurant, he became a magnet for eyes. Those same eyes followed me by association. That's when I realized I wasn't the only one who gravitated towards his natural charisma and confidence. I held tighter to the arm that he had offered me earlier my nails digging into the silky fabric. He looked down at my face and then to my vice-grip on him. His eyes were laced with intrigue, but I kept looking forward not wanting my face to give away my self-consciousness to all those who stared.

I felt him lean down, his lips brushing my temple.

"Breathe, baby."

Air rushed into my lungs. I hadn't even paid attention to the tightness in my chest until he spoke up. I looked at him quizzically.

Following the waiter to our table, Reyn pulled my chair closer. The waiter took our drink order and promptly left.

"This is my favorite restaurant, so I hope you like it, too." I looked around at the décor. The booths were dark green and the tables made of a dark wood. A wooden lattice structure filled with wine bottles was behind us. It wasn't until I realized I had to turn around all the way to see the rest of the restaurant that I realized why he moved my chair. He turned it just enough that my back was to everyone else. So I couldn't see anyone looking our way. How did he know? How did he notice everything no matter how desperately I tried to hide it? He not only saw that I was holding my breath before, but he also figured out why.

I looked at him unable to contain my words.

"Are you real?"

"What do you mean, princess? Of course, these are real," his expression was serious as he waved his hand over his chest. It wasn't until I let out a laugh that he gave me a soft smile.

"No, I mean- how did you know? What t-?"

"What told me you have social anxiety?" I gave him a nod.

"I saw you outside the bar calming yourself down last night. You were so preoccupied you didn't even notice anyone walking into the bar beside you. I saw you walk in after I sat down and you stood by the entrance fidgeting with that ring on your finger just like you did now when we stepped into the restaurant. When I felt you tense up, I had my suspicions which you just confirmed. You must have been too nervous to walk into the bar just like you were nervous walking into the restaurant. I'm used to the stares, but I realize that you mustn't be. That's how I knew."