chapter three

tw// mentions of blood, violence, and pills

Lunchtime was always the worst. George never knew where to sit and he always had to stay on his toes. If he bumped into the wrong people he would definitely be getting another black eye. He took a seat in the very back corner of the lunchroom at an empty table.

George let out a relieved sigh, he was finally safe. He looked up and noticed two boys walking towards him.

Okay maybe i'm not safe fuck.

"Dude we were popping off last night!!" One teen said to the other.

"HA" The other replied in a sing song voice "We are popping off, we are popping off!"

They both approached George's table and sat down.

"Hey do you care if we sit here? The library is closed today." The first teen asked

George nodded and moved his eyes back down to his textbook he was reading earlier.

"I'm Alex by the way, and this is my best friend Karl!"

George looked up at the boy. He wore a navy blue beanie with the letters LAFD on the top. He also wore a blue Adidas track suit. The other one had brown floppy hair. He also had a very colorful hoodie on. Well George thinks he did, he is colorblind so the clothing looks a bit grayish/yellowish to him.

"Oh hi, I'm George" He responded shyly

"Why are you doing homework at lunch nimrod?" Karl asked in a playful way. Karl then made eye contact with George and his eyes filled with concern. "Wow and what happened to your face?"

George felt a little anxious, so many new people and interactions made him nervous. "Oh, uhm" He paused "That kid Schlatt picks on me sometimes."

"Schlatt? Sorry man that sucks." Alex chimed in, but quickly decided to change the subject "Are you new here? I've never seen you before."

"No i'm a senior" George responded back flatly

"Oh this is awkward." Alex burst out laughing

Karl gave Alex a friendly punch "Quackity, he was in our calculus class last year! That's honked up."

George looked confused "Who's Quackity?"

Alex continued laughing "My nickname!! You can call me whatever though. Alex, Big Q, Quackity, or even Big Daddy!"

George joined in the laughter "Big Daddy?"

Karl was crying from laughter at this point "HA BIG DADDY!!"

The three boys spent the rest of lunch joking around. George felt comfortable around them, like he finally had made real friends.

-

Lunch was always the same for Sap and Dream. They exited out of the back door and made their way to the bleachers.

Dream was being a little bit more quiet than usual. He was still thinking about his interaction with George.

Could George really smell the alcohol on me?

Does he think i'm weird?

Jesus Dream why do you care?

His thoughts were quickly interrupted "Dude! DUDE!" Sapnap waved his hand in front of Dreams face "Earth to Dream HELLOOOO"

Dream snapped out of it "Oh shit hi" He looked up at Sapnap

"Hm let me guess you were daydreaming about your new boyfriend, George." Sapnap mocked George's accent and smirked  

"Shut up you're such an idiot" Dream rolled his eyes and sat down on the cool grass. The shade from the bleachers made a perfect spot to eat lunch under.