Seven steps to tie a knot

Start from the beginning

She stripped out if her dress as his eyes widened.

"Any other orders for your servant, your majesty? "

"I haven't the slightest idea why you are choose to act this way."

"Oh don't you?! Let me tell you, I was kidnapped and then brought to this place where I was help prisoner and in 10 fucking days, I am going to be slaughtered like a sacrificial lamb! And it is all your fault"

He flinched at her words. Her chest rose and fell, her abger not subsiding.

He stalked to her and she stepped back, until her back hit a wall.

"I agree it's my fault." He breathed out. "But I would like it if you didn't cross his path."

"I did not! He did! He told me whatever I did, it won't save me." Her voice tore unbehest to her.

"It is the truth." He sighed.

Dilruba's chest pulled. They were wrong. She thought. She would save herself. That was what she was doing all this time.

"That doesn't mean I like it being thrown in my face."

After a brief silence she raised her eyes to look at him, what she found surprised her. His eyes was hooded and dipped in lust.

Her hair was dripping wet, she found his eyes following the wet trail as it disappeared under her chemise.

Dilruba wanted to laugh out loud. She had put him on a pedestal. But he was right below with her. Mortal. Who felt everything she felt. He was just better at hiding it, she realised.

She raised her palms to his chest and she found him shiver. Supressing a laugh she moved her hands to his shoulders.

"You're cold. You should remove this. Your majesty." He hands moved smoothly to unbutton his crimson coat and slide it off his shoulders.

She caught him straining to breath as his chest rose and fell. Blood rushed to his neck and upper chest competed with his tunic.

She found him swaying towards her with hooded eyes. She moved away from him to the fireplace. An amusing smile played on her lips when she heard a stifled groan behind her.

It had been long since she played these games willingly. She placed the coat in front of the fireplace to dry and sat on the floor basking in the warmth.

Through her peripheral vision she saw him opening her almari and grab something from inside it. Maybe he was going to tell her to cover up, she thought.

He settled on the chaise behind and she found a towel on her head. His hands moved, rubbing her head. He was drying her hair, she realised.

Her chest constricted with a strange feeling. He had surprised her again. Tears stung her eyes. She wanted his moment to last forever.

"Promise me that you will not cross paths with him on purpose."

She tipped her head up ready to fire her words. What she saw was pure concern reflected on his face. She remembered the night she met the vizier. He had urged her to act asleep.

She had thought that he was fearful of him that day but she realised he was scared for her.

Hey eyebrows knotted. Her breatg was out of tune. The feelings in her chest pained her, it was overflowing and overwhelming for her.

So she responded in the best way she could. She tipped her chin and planted her lips to his. It was a short and chaste kiss.

She turned to look at his face. There were so many emotions running through, she doubted whether she had made a mistake.

  "I am so-" Her apology was cut in half as he claimed her lips. His fingers were in the back of her back as he pulled her forward.

He tasted like coffee and his lips were soft as he continued his onslaught.

   She moved towards him without breaking the kiss. She used his arms for support until she was in lap. He groaned as she moved her hips.

Suddenly he pulled away from her. From all the years of experience she knew when she wasn't wanted. Disappointment crashed into her as she abandoned his lap and walked towards her bed.

"It's late. You should leave, your majesty."

She settles inside her covers and squeezed her eyes shut. Shame washed over her. She wanted to marry him to kill him not fulfill her carnal desires, she reminded herself.

After a while she heard the door click.

***

A/N : vot and comment