~ Adventure, here I am! ~

The young cub giggled as he made his way down the pass, ignoring his mother as she called out his name.
"KONDO! GET BACK HERE!"
"KONDO! ITS DANGEROUS."
"Kondo!!! Come here!"
"ILL TELL YOUR FATHER!"

Rani was furious, but she couldn't lash it all out on her cub. Instead, she caught up with him and grabbed him by the scruff. "Mom! I was exploring!" He whined, struggling to move out of her grip. She raised an eyebrow and proceeded to walk back to the tree where Kion and her other Cubs were.

Rani set Kondo down where his siblings were playing. "Kion, we need to talk." She said to her mate. He nodded and walked into the tree where Makini was painting.
"Makini? Could you give us a moment?" Kion asked the mandrill politely, smiling not to seem rude.
"Oh, of course your majesties!" She took her fruits and left the tree to keep an eye on the Cubs.
"Okay, so what do you wanna talk about? Did I do something?" He questioned Rani, hoping it wasn't serious. She sighed and looked down "It's Kondo."
Kion tilted his head, confused.
"I've had to tell him off twice today from running off. First he ran from Makini, and the next for running through the pass. We have to tell him, Kion." She looked back up at her mate, talking slowly.
"No, he's not ready. He's just a cub! Younger than I was when I became leader of the guard! He needs time." He raised his voice at Rani, but not too loud so everybody could hear. "Yes he is. He wants and needs to explore. Let a trusted adult go with him, he'll be fine." She spoke softly, hugging Kion.
"Who do you have in mind?" Kion sighed, pulling away from her embrace.
————
————
"Animals of The Tree of life!" Makini raised her arms "Tomorrow, Kondo, Marini, Jafiri, Bonga and Uzima will embark on great journey. They will be accompanied by two former members of the Lion Guard. Fuli and Bunga. They are trusted with the young Cubs. Their destination; The Pride lands!" The Mandrill declared to the variety of animals in front of her.
All the young ones were jumping up and down with joy, this was their first real adventure. Finally..

"You may say your goodbyes at sunrise tomorrow." The Queen calmly announced before heading inside the tree.
The Cubs all headed their separate ways, yawning.

~Kondo POV~
'Wow! My own adventure! And with my friends and siblings with me. But of course Fuli and Bunga have to be there...'

"Come, Cubs! It's time for bed." I heard my Mom call us inside the Tree. I walked in with my twin siblings beside me. They're a month younger than me. Though they annoying, they're super fun to be around! I purred as I approached my parents, hugging them before saying goodnight to Makini, who went behind the vines.
My parents slept next to each other on the flat rock, my siblings and I slept below them on a smaller one.

I soon fell into my slumber, snuggling with Jafiri and Marini.

~ Uzimas POV ~

As I said goodnight to my friends and other animals, I walked back to my family's den. "Don't worry, Uzima. You will be safe with Bunga and your Mom." My father comforted me the best he could, but I wasn't worried about safety.
"I'm not worried about that, dad. It's just that I don't wanna let you and mom down." I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear.
"How could you?" He now had a worried expression on his face.
"Well, I'm not fast. Even Bonga can keep up with me. I don't feel like a true cheetah. You and mom used to be really speedy! Mom was the fastest in the Pride Lands!" I was practically in tears as I ranted on.
"Uzima.. you are my daughter. I love you no matter your speed. Even if you're as brave as Bunga, as strong as Beshte or as fierce as Kion, I'll still support and love you." My father softly told me.
By the time we finished talking, we had arrived at our den.