Chapter 2

The deafening silence envelops me with the desperation still etched on my face. My eyes open accepting the darkness around me, seeming not to care about my desperation to see in the void around me. The darkness itself feels suffocating. It's when my gills take in their first breath I realize I'm back in the ocean, my safe sanctuary. The memories of where I was is scattered and hard to grasp. The one unescapable question bangs around in my head. What happened to me with that human? What did they do to me? There is little to nothing I can do with this undefinable aggravation without knowing where I am, and the desolation feeling inside me won't leave me until I can find my way back home. Through time my eyes adjust to the poor light of my ocean home allowing me to see. 'Who would have thought?' I think feeling my confidence burst in me at being where I was before I was taken. My tail starts flicking like a snakes tail, and I am on my way to my family, my sweet family. Before I can swim any farther, a sinking feeling overtakes me; no pun intended.
My courage fleets the moment I stare death in the eyes. It's a swordfish.

Vote
Comment
Share

Thank you
🐠🐠🐠
Stay calm and swim on