Chapter 10: The legends and Mythes are real

Start from the beginning

He always did have some sort of obsession with vampires. I opened another box which was filled with antiques and some old pictures.

The picture had two guys that looked exactly like dad and uncle Stefan, it was odd because they were labeled the 1800's. Maybe it was their great grandfather and his brother and they happen to look exactly the same. I mean it couldn't be possible for someone to live that long. They'd have to be a couple hundred years old. Unless they were vampires, but that can't be possible they're normal. They eat regular food and go out in the sun.

I grabbed the pictures and and the papers about vampires. I headed back down the stairs and ran straight into someone's chest. I look up to see dad standing in front of me.

"what were you doing up there?" he asked seriously.

I hid the papers and pictures behind my back. "um... I was just looking around" I reply trying to walk around him to avoid the real conversation of why i was snooping around.

He extended his arm to block me from leaving. "alright little pancake, what are you hiding?" he asked raising a brow.

I roll my eyes. "Dad i'm old enough for you to stop using that nickname."

"what's wrong with you, crabby pants? you love that nickname? and don't avoid the question."

"Dad, I'm almost a teenager." I remind him. "and i'm not avoiding the question, I already told you."

"then show me what you're hiding behind your back." I started to panic and tried to see if i really did have powers. I tried to focus on the papers behind my back hoping they'd turn into something not vampire or family related.

"well..?" He said holding out his hand. I handed him the pictures behind my back. "Ah! I remember these. You were so tiny. Did you find this in the attic?"

I nod my head in response. I'm not sure what he was looking at, but i know for sure that there was no pictures of me. He handed the pictures back. "I'm gonna go to my room now."

He just smiled and patted my shoulder before yelling , "you will always be my little pancake!"

I looked at the pictures which were now pictures of the family at the mystic grill. Mom and dad were both holding me.

Once I made sure dad was no longer around, I focused on the papers and pictures again and turn them to normal. They were once again the same old papers and pictures from the 1800's.

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------
Today was the first day of school, I would see everyone. Aunt Rebekah would want to hear about my first day outfit and she'd want it to be very cute.

I grabbed one of my best outfits. A white cropped top, black jeans, black platforms, tie front rib-knit cardigan, and a white headband.

I grabbed my school bag which was brown tote bag and headed down the stairs. My door was broken still, Rebekah yelled at mom and dad about how i'm a growing woman and i should have my privacy always. God I love aunt beks.

I also decide that today was going to be stressful enough, so i put all my worries about the things I found away.

Mom and Dad were both downstairs eating. They both wanted to take me to school together because it was my first day in junior high. That means mom would be taking tons of pictures and dad will be making fun of me.

Dad got up from his seat and walks over to me holding a plate. "Here. It's your favorite. Vampire pancakes." He says handing me the plate full of pancakes with a vampire face.

I laugh at how he still draws a vampire face every time we have pancakes. "seriously dad?"

"What? you love it." He says shrugging his arms. "Alright eat up before your late on your first day, little pancake." I roll my eyes at the nickname.