Chapter 4: Welcome to the Family

Start from the beginning

I grabbed Ivy from Damon and joined Stefan and the twins. They were in the kitchen. Stefan was cooking and the twins were coloring at the table.

"What are you drawing, Josie?" I asked as I peered at her drawing.

"It's mom, dad, lizzie, me, and Stefan." She tells me.

I noticed in the drawing, their was one person off to the side. covered in red. It was a man, maybe blood smeared all over his face. black lines under his eyes "who's that?"

"oh, that's Stefan." she says calmly. "you know, when he gets really hungry" she looks up and she whispered, "and not for food."

Stefan looked up with a confused expression. He walked over to the table and looked over Josie to see the drawing. "why am I like that?" he asked.

"You look like that sometimes." she continued to her drawing.

Caroline and Damon both walked into the kitchen, they finally stopped bickering.

Stefan gave her a concerned look, they just stared at each other, like they were communicating through their eyes. It was probably something to do with Josies drawing.

Alaric and Caroline wanted to keep the girls away from all the bad parts of the supernatural world, but maybe the girls seen something they shouldn't have seen. I don't think I would want Ivy to be involved with the dangerous parts of the supernatural world too. Maybe at all. She's a human little girl who had a full life ahead of her. Damon and I would have to try and restrain form using of vamp powers in front of her.

"Elena, do you mind watching the girls while we go out for a ride really quick?" Caroline asks as she put on a coat.

"Oh yeah of course. I'll feed them too- if you like?" I tell her, walking to the stove to finish whatever Stefan was making.

"Yes, please. thank you, Elena. You're a life saver." Caroline grabs Stefan's arm and pulled him outside. The car engine began, and it was quite.

Damon put Ivy in her rocker and walked over to the kids. "who wants to play hide and seek?" he asks the twins squatting to their level.

"okay, but you count first. " Lizzie says, "are you gonna play too, auntie Elena?"

I've been trying to figure out what Stefan was making. "No girls, maybe next time?" I tell them before continuing to figure the pot of food.

"Alright i'm counting to 20!" damon tells them as he turns his face to the wall. "1, 2, 3, 4..."

I finally realized there was no hope for whatever Stefan was cooking. I closed the lid on the pot, and pulled out a box of macaroni cheese and frozen dinosaur chicken nuggets.

Damon finished counting and yelled "alright i'm coming to get you!" then he vamped speed up the stairs.

I heard him moving things around in different rooms for a couple of minutes then say, "where are you hiding little munchkins?" he walks into another room, "i hear your giggling- I got you!"

Damon ran down the stairs with both girls over his shoulders. "That's not fair, you can hearing everything!" lizzie whined.

"Ah well uncle Damon found you guys just in time, because the food is ready." I grabbed two plates from the cabinets and served the twins.

Ivy began to whine, then cried as she woke up from her nap. "I got her." Damon takes her out of the rocker and lifts her up, near his face. "And how your nap and your day? don't leave any details out."

"Damon, be careful she's delicate! and she's not gonna respond to you, give it a year or two." Ivy was probably hungry, I think the last time i feed her was at the grill. I grabbed a clean bottle and heated her a bottle of milk.