185 - Rebecca

I didn't want to pull away but he did. Our foreheads bumped together as we sat there for a second catching our breaths with our hands still on each other. The thoughts going through my head weren't enough to distract me from the blue of his eyes as he stared at me. He stole every bit of my attention right there.

After a few seconds, he reached down for my hand, squeezed it and sat back. I felt our fingers lace together as he went to get up only for Kevin to immediately reach out and help him. He was hesitant but he accepted the help, bringing me up with him. I quickly tucked into his side to be close to him; to feel him. He looked down at me for a moment with the bluest eyes I'd ever seen before turning to Aryia.

"Thanks," he said stiffly in a rough voice.

Aryia shook his head. "My job, dude. I wasn't about to let you die."

"I don't understand how you're not dead, though," Jake muttered taking me completely off guard. My eyes moved to Jake and Tara who were both here standing to the side of Reggie and Cassie. I felt my features turn accusatory.

"Rebecca must have shifted the splinter when she hit him," Aryia explained, "so it wasn't enough to keep him dead. The stake didn't actually pierce much of his heart."

"Still, you were turning grey, man," Sam breathed and my head snapped to him instead. I hadn't forgotten that Sam thought holding me back from Colby was a good idea. Whether I was human or not, I wanted to be beside him if he was dying. I hadn't even been this angry at Colby.

"And what were you gonna do about it?" I snarled at him. Sam's face turned sad as he looked down at his feet, Katrina squeezing his hand. I just glared at him until I felt Colby's arm slide around my waist. I turned into him, hugging as close as I could to settle my body from the adrenaline still pumping through it.

Ignoring what I'd said, Mike lightly patted Colby on the shoulder and said, "I'm glad you're alive anyway." He wasn't the only one to say it but he was the first. Colby only nodded in return as he subtly drew circles with his thumb on my back. My whole body was melting into his the longer we stood there.

"How about you, Becca?" Angela asked out of nowhere, distracting me for a moment. "Are you alright? You got beat up."

"I'm fine," I grumbled, though I could feel every single kick and punch Emily had served me today. All of that was obsolete considering Colby had been staked so I didn't see why I mattered at all. I changed the subject. "Shouldn't we be leaving here... wherever we are?" I asked in annoyance.

"Yes, we should be," Sam agreed.

Tara frowned. "But this is Julian's house." My head perked up. "I vote we burn it down before we leave."

"I second that," I said instantly and Colby smiled next to me. It was a tiny smile meant only for himself.

"We'll do that another time," he promised me, "but we have to go now." I let out a sigh but agreed, tucking a touch closer to him. With his nod, everyone started to disappear. We were close to last right after Jake and Tara but before Xepher and Griffin. Watching the world fly by whilst I was wrapped in familiar arms was a relief. I was mad at myself for fucking up the way I did because we'd lost time we couldn't get back. I'd never get this past week back with Colby—not the days we spent together or the cuddles we shared twenty-four-seven.

By the time we stopped moving, we were standing next to his chair in the red room. The colours surrounding me were suddenly giving me a headache they were so bright, yet the second Colby sat down, I couldn't imagine anywhere I wanted to be more than on his lap...

However, I didn't sit down on him, I sat on the arm of his chair. I was acutely aware now of the aches covering my entire stomach and didn't feel like curling up in a way that would hurt me more. I was sure Colby noticed because he eyed my stomach before he looked to Jake and Tara.