"and you think i'm finna let you smoke, and get me in trouble??" i asked and we just stared at each other for a second.

"mmcht...here." i said handing it to her.

"wait how i do it."

i—

"put it in ya mouth, inhale hold for a lil not too long then exhale." i said.

"how i know yo mouth ain't dirty." she said and i smacked my lips.

"i'm kidddingggg." she dragged out before doing like i told her.

"show me how to do a smoke trick." she said after taking another puff.

"girl gimme my shit back." i said taking it back.

"mmcht." she smacked her lips and sat on the chair on the patio.

"so, that's your girlfriend???" i asked her and she nodded.

"girlfriendddd- actually yeah she is i've talked to her since 10th we had been a lil on and off at first but now we actually getting shit— stuff together." she said.

"not you tryna cover up the cussing," i said and handed the blunt back to her.

i shook my head as her face lit up before she took a puff.

adaliya gonna be mad i made her a pothead already-

"journey- mom...can i call you mom??" she asked and i nodded.

"okay...like what was it like being with mama?? when she was a teen?" she asked and i found myself smiling thinking back.

"well...at first i had a crush on her way back when we were kids, your grandfather...we all use to be at his house whenever your she or amare were there." i said and she looked like she was thinking.

"we?? like you mama amare and luxor??" she asked and i paused at luxor name.

"you know about him???" i asked as she passed the blunt to me.

"yeah i know about his bitch ass— wait i'm sorry it's a habit but yeah iniko and i overheard mama and aunt mariah talking about him...i mean iniko already knew but i didn't and...i was shocked honey." she said shaking her head.

"mmm....but then we went on a trip and i asked her out then.." i shrugged.

"did y'all ever argue??" she asked and i nodded.

"yeah we had some disagreements, not gonna lie yo mama was stubborn as fuck so i would give her some space before we talked."

"so that's where i get it from..." she mumbled and i laughed.

"i guess so..." i said.

"ummm...we gotta problem.." she said and i looked up at her.

this fucker eyes low as hell-

"are you sleep??" i asked and she laughed.

"no i'm hungry as fuck- shit i mean hungry." she said and i shook my head.

"at this point just cuss i don't care." i said.

"you know where yo mama keep her keys??" i asked and she nodded.

••••

"wait wait wait— so your mama beat her cause she brought up me??" i asked acadia as we ate some food from waffle house.

"yeah, i mean she had no right saying that mess foreal though like all i did was spill some water and then she wanna rant to mama and was like maybe if you didn't fuck wit that gay girl she wouldn't be like this—- and then everything went left mama started beating her ass respectfully." she said before stuffing pancakes into her mouth.