"Yup," I handed Charles my phone.

Charles gave my phone to a lanky, tan man who took it and walked away. We walked to the driveway and unlocked the car. I checked inside the doors, and on the seats for any type of tracking device. I also decided to check under the car for extra precaution. 

I pushed my self under the car and inspected everything. I turned my head to the left and I saw a flashing red light. I saw a sight I never want to see, a C4 bomb. 

I quickly pushed my self out from underneath the car and grabbed Charles dress shirt with my fists. I pulled him quickly to the house and quickly started barking orders at the people in the main room of the house. 

"J'ai besoin des techniciens de la bombe dehors maintenant! Les femmes et les enfants vont à l'abri anti-bombes, les hommes passent en dernier. A présent!" (I need the bomb techs outside now! Women and children go to the bomb shelter, men go last. Now!)

Everyone looked at me like I grew two heads. 

Charles spoke up, "maintenant!"

Everyone panicked. Women were looking for their children, while men were screaming and yelling in French.

"Find Gavin, Maddie and Jacqueline, now!" 

I nodded and hugged him and he kissed my cheek. I was never good under pressure, but in certain situations, I know how to handle it. I ran down the halls and up the stairs. I threw open Gavin's door and told him to follow me, and that there was a bomb outside. I opened the next door, which is Maddie's, and told her the same thing. 

I figured Jacqueline was in the library because that's where she always is. The library was in the basement, so it was quite a hall to get there. I asked Gavin to stay with Maddie when I ran down the second set of stairs to the basement. I quickly opened the door to the small, quiet room and yelled out for Jacqueline.

"Jacqueline! Jacqueline, are you in here?"

"Kelly? Kelly oh my god, are you here? How are you? I didn't know you were coming!"

"Hi Jackie, now is not the time, there is a bomb outside we need to go to the shelter."

Jacqueline looked just as shocked as everyone and we ran up the stairs to Maddie and Gavin. I quickly led them to the bomb shelter. I swung open the heavy metal door and pushed Maddie and Kelly in first, then Gavin.

I went to close the door but Gavin caught my wrist, "You can't go, come in here!"

"Sorry, I have an obligation. I took an oath Gav." I looked at him sympathetically. 

He nodded and I slammed the door shut. The house was eerie and oddly quiet. I looked around for Charles and when I spotted his pink dress shirt, I sprinted to him. I grabbed his shoulder and he turned to me. I looked at him with tears in my eyes, and smiled at him. He was about to smile back at me but he looked at someone behind me. 

I turned and saw Jacqueline running towards us. 

"I cannot leave you two out here, not now!"

"Jacqueline go back in the shelter, we are trained for this." I said.

She shook her head but someone else spoke before she could, "ça va souffler!" (it's gonna blow!)

Charles looked me and Jacqueline and everything was in slow-motion. I felt the explosion before I heard it. My first instinct was to jump on top of Jacqueline, so I did. Charles fell to the floor before he could try to protect Jackie, so I did. 

After the explosion was over, I lifted my body up and saw Jacqueline's pained face. I checked her body for injuries and I saw she had a piece of shrapnel in her side. She was bleeding profusely and I had to do something.