𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Jada strolled around the kitchen with Miya. My daughter clung onto her hand as Jada searched the pitcher filled with almond milk. She promised to make Miya cookies. She felt bad for missing out time with Miya. So, why not make her favorite dessert in the world.

After the incident, I kept an eye on Jada. She was probably annoyed but it was important to me.

My mother was gonna be here in.....

Just when I thought I had time to myself and my girls. I walked to the front door, bracing for the nonsense that would come.

What I saw was unexpected. I knew hell would break loose. "Hey, mom. Paige." She smiles at me devilishly. Her wandering eyes take in my tall frame as I kiss my mothers cheek.

Jada comes to the door with Miya in her arms. Paige's face drops when she eyes my woman.

"Hey, Mrs. King."

My mother says hello, not even making eye contact. Jada becomes quiet when she sees Paige. I didn't even bother to tell her to say hello. Paige didn't even say a thing too.

I invited both of them inside my home. Jada sets Miya down, which Miya takes as an opportunity to run towards my mother and her mother. Jada clings onto my arm, using my body for comfort. I held onto her, rubbing her sides.

"Paige, what are you doing here?"

She picks up Miya and faces me. "I was in town and your mother invited me." Just what I thought. She's done this before. Next thing she's gonna do is talk about how good our relationship was.

"Good. Thanks mom." Before placing their shoes away, they come to the kitchen. My mother pulls out a container filled with gyoza and white rice. She always comes with food, even when I've eaten already. Which I'm not complaining about.

My mother goes to grab plates from the cabinet. "I'm gonna help," Jada suggested. My mother sighs and moves out of the way. Jada climbs onto the counter, pulling down five plates. Jada almost slips, causing me to grip onto her legs. She giggles to herself as I lifted her off the counter. "Please be careful baby."

I pecked her head as she walks towards the table. She places them in front of the seats as my mother places the food on each plate.

I sat between Jada and Miya. We began to eat when my mother commenced a conversation.

Here we go.

"So, Jada I heard what happened. Are you ok?"

I see Jada breath in and freeze up. She pulls back her freshly done locs. I rub her side and she shivers under my touch. "Umm, I'm fine. I'm good."

Instead of discontinuing this conversation about the incident, my mom adds fuel to the fire.

"What happened?"

Jada puts an end to her craving which creates uncontrollable anger in me.

"haha." (Mother in Japanese)

"I think it's important to know. Especially if you care about Miya." Why would she bring Miya into this. She doesn't even understand what's going on.

"Miya can't even understand the situation." Jada begins to sink into her chair.

"For all we know.... it could be drugs," Paige grumbled, feeding Miya some rice.

"Why are you even in this conversation?"

Paige rolls her eyes and continues to feed our daughter. My eyes follow my mother, who just stood up from her seat. "Is it drugs?"