UGLY PASTS AND INSECURITIES

Start from the beginning

She realized it then. "You knew?" She asked softly.

"They told us before we moved in," Quinn told her, hands darkening.

Aella looked at Riven, "and you?" She asked, "did you know?"

He didn't look away from her, shaking his head, "know what?"

Aella turned around to look at Silva, "that he's my goddamn father."

SILVA BROUGHT AELLA TO DOWLINGS OFFICE, where Harvey and Dowling stood

SILVA BROUGHT AELLA TO DOWLINGS OFFICE, where Harvey and Dowling stood. Aella sat herself in a seat as Riven and Silva argued.

"Please, Riven, just let us talk to her," Silva said, shutting the door. Riven's foot peaked as it closed, Aella able to feel his stubborn anger.

Riven pushed the door open, "I'm not leaving her in there with you."

"It won't take long, we just need to tell her what has happened."

Aella leaned forward, raising her hand, "you know, I'll be telling him as soon as I leave. There's no point in keeping him out."

"Yes, there is, this is confidential information, Aella," Dowling informed.

The mind fairy sent her headmistress a look, "so confidential that it took 16 years to tell the subject of the information?"

"That's not the poin-"

"Then what is the point? That this asshole is my father or that you don't trust to share why he is?"

"Just let us tell you, please, Aella."

Her look was almost frightening, her anger clear in her eyes, "let him in."

"We can't do that," Harvey said, almost disappointed.

"Bullshit. Let him in or I'm gone- and I don't mean just from this room," she threatened.

Silva opened the door for Riven in seconds, the young specialist storming to her side. Her sat in the chair next to her, not hesitating to grab her hand.

It was silent as the teachers arranged themselves, silently communicating with their eyes and motions. Finally, Silva spoke, "I guess we would start with your mother."

"That would be a given."

"Her name was Liliana Diaval, same year as I when I first came to Alfea. We were together in all of our years here, married a year after we graduated, that's when she became Liliana Silva," he grabbed a small chain from his neck, handing it to Aella. On the chain was a ring, a band that had waves instead of the traditional rounding. On it was black diamonds, bedazzling it.