xiii. playing with fire

Mulai dari awal

Her breathing was heavy and irregular as she approached Bellamy, swiftly picking up her pace with determination as she did so. She gripped him up by his collar and slammed him against the cave's wall, remembering the time he beat her senseless when they had first met. "Sorry won't bring back my brother, you son of a bitch!" She spat, before instantly landing a punch to his cheek.

"Argh--"Bellamy's head whipped to the side from the force of the impact, as all of the others stood by in shock. He turned back around and met her grieving eyes before flashing a look of understanding in his own, knowing that this was only the beginning of her wrath. That punch was only the first of many more to come...

"Tell me," Kota huffed. "How does it feel to be on the receiving end?" She asked, but didn't give him time to reply before she kneed him in the gut, knocking the wind out of him. "Remember that time you cornered me in my cave and beat me though you had no reasoning? Huh? Well guess what? Karma's a bitch and I have more than enough reasoning." With that she used her elbow to quickly deliver a jab to his jaw, causing him to cough out blood.

"Dakota, that's enough." Kane scolded her, taking a step forward in order to pull her away from the boy. However, Octavia surprised the man when she held him back.

"Don't." She gritted, shooting him a glare while allowing Kota to take out her anger on her brother.

"Kane, stay out of this." Bellamy grunted, begrudgingly allowing the girl to continue solely because he knew he deserved it.

"This is for the massacre that took place on the very same field where my people were ordered to protect Skaikru!" Kota shouted with tears in her eyes, as she gripped his hair with one hand to hold him in place while she used the other to throw another punch to his bloodied face. Her painful sobs were absolutely heartbreaking as she continued her torture on Bellamy.

"That was for being a part of a group who was willing to kill an innocent child!" She spat with venom after punching him once more. Her knuckles were bruising but she wouldn't stop. She couldn't. Kota had so much pent up anger and unfortunately Bellamy was the only available way to let it all out.

"And this," She began, "This is for Lincoln!" Punch. "And my sister!" Punch. Though she knew he had nothing to do with Lexa's death.

At this point, the others standing by were cringing with every hit that echoed around the cave's walls. Even Octavia was cringing, but she knew that there was nothing she could do. Did she have love for Bellamy? Of course she did. He was her brother. But ever since he joined Pike's crew he had been dead to her, so she was more than fine with allowing Dakota to do what she needed to do, because at the end of the day, she loved Kota more than anything. That meant that if someone hurt her, not only would she feel it too, but she would do everything in her power to get justice.

Revenge.

Something.

"DON'T YOU GET IT?!" Dakota finally screamed as her voice cracked in agony. "I'M ALONE NOW BECAUSE OF YOU AND THAT FUCKING BASTARD!"

It was then, that the monster inside of her took control over her actions, and before she knew it, Kota unsheathed her sword and pointed it directly at Bellamy's throat, while everybody else quickly drew their weapons in precaution because they didn't know what she was capable of doing in this distraught state.

Octavia knew she wouldn't go through with it due to the love and respect that Kota held for her. However, she still knew that Kota needed to be calmed down. So, she took a step forward and placed her hand on Dakota's arm, silently telling her that it was time to stop.

With one last look at Bellamy and the blood that dripped from his face, Kota used her free hand to roughly wipe her tears away before she finally lowered her sword and stormed out of the cave, not looking back.