DAY OFF ~ Eli ~ request

You'd been working all day, and Eli wasn't there to distract you. He had his own things to get done, and you were the only one lucky enough to work from home.

You already knew Eli wasn't feeling particularly happy about anything he had to do today. You knew this mainly because he'd showed up at your doorstep early in the morning-when he should have been on the bus.

In your tired mindset you let him in, only snapping out of it a little while after he'd been there and realizing it was Thursday; that he had somewhere to be. Eli had run his hands through his hair and mumbled that he had finished all his work, as if you hadn't heard him complain about thinking that today was his day off, realizing he had more to do.

You especially knew Eli wasn't up for it when you had to practically pry him off of you, all the while him complaining he didn't want to leave.

When you finally convinced Eli he needed to go, and he made you promise to come over after you finished your own work, he finally walked out of the door with a pout.

Because you knew how much Eli had wanted this day off, you planned to pick him up after he was done, instead of having him take the bus as usual. You did this at random times, especially when you missed him, and it always brightened his mood.

Now, you were waiting at a red light just around the corner to the bus station when, as if called upon, a text message from Eli showed up on your phone.

I'm finally done :)

Unable to respond as the light turned green, you put your phone down, turning the corner. You drove into the parking lot next to the station, stopping the car and picking your phone back up.

You're still coming over right?

You looked back towards the bus station, scanning for Eli's figure. When you spotted him standing next to a bench you smiled. He looked absolutely adorable-oversized hoodie, the sleeves covering the entirety of his hands. He had one in the corner of his mouth, almost chewing on the fabric as he stared down at his phone.

I might get there a little earlier

After replying you looked back up, watching a slight smile form on Eli's face.

Really?
I can't wait

You smiled at the message, getting out and standing by the car before responding.

Go to the parking lot

Eli's head shot up immediately, the smile on his face full-blown as he spotted you. He reached up his hand, waving at you with his sweater paws before practically speed walking towards the car.

He put his arms out, wrapping them around you as soon as he got close enough.

"I missed you." Eli mumbled into your neck as you returned his hug.

The way he tightened his arms and held on longer than expected told you just how long his day was.

You heard a sniff right as you spoke.

"You okay?"

You felt Eli's hand go up to wipe his face, but when he pulled away from you, the smile was on his face as if it had never left.

"Yeah. Thanks for picking me up." He called over his shoulder as he headed towards the passenger seat. "I didn't think I would get to see you until later."

"I knew you'd like it."

It was a comfortable silence to his house, you with one hand on the wheel and the other holding his hand. A slight smile appeared on your face, and a blush crept up on Eli's as he stared out the window.